Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Blades for Dewalt 735 planer

Looking for (cheaper) blades than those from Dewalt. Other sources??

Posted to rec.woodworking

PapaChuck wrote:
Looking for (cheaper) blades than those from Dewalt. Other sources?

Ebay is your friend PapaChuck search dw7352 gotten 4 sets myself
don't get in a bidding war, as soon as a set sells they list another
set
Ive paid at the most $25 including shipping

Keith

Posted to rec.woodworking

"PapaChuck" wrote in message
ups.com...
Looking for (cheaper) blades than those from Dewalt. Other sources??

http://globaltooling.bizhosting.com/planer_knives.html

http://allita.net/Projects/omnicat5/index.php?cat_id=0

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article . com, "PapaChuck" wrote:
Looking for (cheaper) blades than those from Dewalt. Other sources??

Yep -- the blades you already have. Unless they've been damaged, they *can* be
resharpened (although "honed" might be a better word). I'm still on my first
set of blades on my 735. First set, but fourth resharp.

I've posted on that before -- Google this group for DW735 and resharpen, and
you'll probably find it.

--
Regards,

Posted to rec.woodworking

C & E wrote:

"PapaChuck" wrote in message
ups.com...
Looking for (cheaper) blades than those from Dewalt. Other sources??

http://globaltooling.bizhosting.com/planer_knives.html

I don't think so. I recently used Global to purchase a set of
6" jointer knives. After having a positive experience with that, I
was curious to see if they might also carry replacements for my Dewalt
DW734 planer.

No where on Global's "planer knives" page is there a single mention of
Dewalt.

If you can point to something specific that Global provides for
Dewalt, I'd be very interested to see that.

http://allita.net/Projects/omnicat5/index.php?cat_id=0

This is just the site's main page. It looks like the link to actually
see the available stell planer/jointer knives is he

http://allita.net/Projects/omnicat5/...d=0&grpid=1085

And here for carbide tipped knives:

http://allita.net/Projects/omnicat5/...d=0&grpid=1087

But like Global, nothing at this site specically shows support for
replacement Dewalt knives. I don't about the original poster's DW735,
but I know my DW734's knives are just "drop in" there's nothing to be
adjusted on them. Presumably the DW735 is similar.

remove ".invalid".