Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Small sliding table saws

I was going to buy a small combination machine, but can't find anything that
will fit my shop and really be servicable. However I did get attached to
the idea of a sliding table saw.

All the European imports are way too big; are there any small sliding table
saw other than the Dewalt? I would like to go a bit more upscale than that.
What I would really like is the table saw/shaper that comes with the Minimax
C26, but they only sell it with the planer/jointer, and the p/j is too small
to be of much use. (10" wide planer, 40" long jointer!)

Posted to rec.woodworking

Try Home Depot. They have a 3hp sliding table saw for less than $200.
Fence a POS. Mine goes thru 3" ash and 1/2" aluminum with no problems. It
is direct drive and fairly noisy. Mine is mounted to the right of my Delta
and uses the same fence.
--
Art Ransom
Lancaster , Texas

www.turningaround.org
"Toller" wrote in message
news
I was going to buy a small combination machine, but can't find anything
that will fit my shop and really be servicable. However I did get attached
to the idea of a sliding table saw.

All the European imports are way too big; are there any small sliding
table saw other than the Dewalt? I would like to go a bit more upscale
than that.
What I would really like is the table saw/shaper that comes with the
Minimax C26, but they only sell it with the planer/jointer, and the p/j is
too small to be of much use. (10" wide planer, 40" long jointer!)

Posted to rec.woodworking
cm cm is offline

Toller,

Woodcraft and Timber Woodworking both have a "add-on" sliding table that
fits most table saws. I don't recall what brand it was but it looked
substantial enough. It was in the $600 - $700 range.

cm

"Toller" wrote in message
news
I was going to buy a small combination machine, but can't find anything
that will fit my shop and really be servicable. However I did get attached
to the idea of a sliding table saw.

All the European imports are way too big; are there any small sliding
table saw other than the Dewalt? I would like to go a bit more upscale
than that.
What I would really like is the table saw/shaper that comes with the
Minimax C26, but they only sell it with the planer/jointer, and the p/j is
too small to be of much use. (10" wide planer, 40" long jointer!)

Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Festool

Festool system.
If I had it to do over again I would give the Festool system a serious
look.
You'll use a hand held circular saw with a plunge blade that has plenty
of power and the table and corresponding fence systems are high quality
(and expensive).
The router(s), sander(s), etc. are designed to be used in conjunction
with the work table. Get a joiner and a planer that don't take up to
much room and you'll be set (except for all the other millions of tools
you'll need to acquire over the years).
Robert Smith