Creekbuster

Default Plans or picture for a small sliding couch table

My wife would like me to make a small table that can sit on the floor and be
used like a TV tray but with only one support between the floor and table top.
The table top should be 18-24". I think the name for these is sliding couch
table. Thanks

No

This is the first thing that comes to mind. Different application but
similar to what you describe.
http://www.hermanmiller.com/CDA/SSA/...0-p156,00.html
Does that help?

Peter Bogiatzidis

Creekbuster,

No plans, but, as they say, a picture is worth a 1000 words, so take a look
at the following link to Bobino's Woodworking site. Scroll down to view the
"sofa table" on his "Recent Projects" page. I just happened to find his site
the other day looking for the same thing. Instead of Googling the web for
"sofa tables", try looking for images. Hope this helps.

http://www.sonic.net/~bobino/woodworking.html

Peter.