Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Sparks?

Does anyone know why my Bostitch Framing Nailer (N88WWB) shoots out
sparks every time I shoot a 3 1/4" nail? Is this defective, or is it
just the way it is?

Posted to rec.woodworking

dave12345 wrote:
Does anyone know why my Bostitch Framing Nailer (N88WWB) shoots out
sparks every time I shoot a 3 1/4" nail? Is this defective, or is it
just the way it is?

It's common. There are even warnings not to use framing nailers around
flammable materials because of the occurrence.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Posted to rec.woodworking

Nova wrote:

It's common. There are even warnings not to use framing nailers around
flammable materials because of the occurrence.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Yup, sure been that way as long as I have been using them. I have
never had any framing nailer that didn't spark.

Not sure at this point I would trust one the didn't throw off a good
spark now and then.

(Just kidding)

Robert

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6 Dec 2006 16:50:07 -0800, "dave12345"
wrote:

Does anyone know why my Bostitch Framing Nailer (N88WWB) shoots out
sparks every time I shoot a 3 1/4" nail? Is this defective, or is it
just the way it is?

Yes, they do that and its normal. I believe it is caused by the
violent separation of the nail from the thin wire that hold the nails
together.
Also, make sure you place a few drops of oil down the air feed before
each days use.
Posted to rec.woodworking

dave12345 wrote:
Does anyone know why my Bostitch Framing Nailer (N88WWB) shoots out
sparks every time I shoot a 3 1/4" nail? Is this defective, or is it
just the way it is?

I see sparks occasionally when using my PC finish nailers and the nails
are glued together.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"RayV" wrote in message
ps.com...

dave12345 wrote:
Does anyone know why my Bostitch Framing Nailer (N88WWB) shoots out
sparks every time I shoot a 3 1/4" nail? Is this defective, or is it
just the way it is?

I see sparks occasionally when using my PC finish nailers and the nails
are glued together.

I have seen sparks when using a regular hammer on framing nails. I strongly
suspect it is the striker hitting the nail that creates the spark. My Senco
finish nailer does this occasionally also.

PHOTOS of my Franceformer and the sparks Don Foreman Metalworking 12 October 21st 05 02:45 AM
PHOTOS of my Franceformer and the sparks Dave Metalworking 1 October 20th 05 09:11 AM
OT metal, sparks and women Karl Vorwerk Metalworking 0 May 15th 05 02:23 PM
MDF & Sparks Rumpty Woodworking 25 March 18th 05 04:07 AM
Sparks when drill stops? TheKeith Woodworking 7 December 28th 03 04:01 AM