Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default SHAPED GUITAR CASE

http://www.kevinchilcott-luthier.co....ar-case-p1.htm

Not exactly what I was looking for, but close enough. Hell, I even
got poetry as one of the hits. I've been thinking of making a case for
my banjo - I'm finally going to get back to working on that - and didn't
want to re-invent the wheel, but did want to see what kinda cases people
have made. This is all I've come across so far, but if I can't find
anything more, it'll be a good inspiration. Google is our friend.

JOAT
I am, therefore I think.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 06 Dec 2006 03:31:50 -0500, J T wrote:

I've actually been thinking about how to build instrument cases myself.
One method I've pondered is the use of paper mache. I was thinking of
using 1/8 inch hardboard for the main structural stuff and paper mache to
put it all together. Might use cloth instead of paper, and there are lots
of different glue possibilities. In my research I've seen examples of
chairs and other furniture made with the stuff. I was thinking it would
be like those cedar canoes made of an epoxy fiberglass sandwich only in
this case it would be a hardboard mache sandwich. It would be a messy
job, and the surface would have to be painted. I'd also probably put an
inch or so of packing foam inside as padding. I've even considered doing
something up using the cedar strip canoe idea. A cedar epoxy fiberglass
instrument case would look great. A lot of work for an instrument case
though.

D. G. Adams

http://www.kevinchilcott-luthier.co....ar-case-p1.htm

Not exactly what I was looking for, but close enough. Hell, I even
got poetry as one of the hits. I've been thinking of making a case for
my banjo - I'm finally going to get back to working on that - and didn't
want to re-invent the wheel, but did want to see what kinda cases people
have made. This is all I've come across so far, but if I can't find
anything more, it'll be a good inspiration. Google is our friend.

JOAT
I am, therefore I think.

Saw blades with V shaped cutters [email protected] Woodworking 15 August 2nd 06 01:07 PM
Guitar Case Ted Woodworking 5 August 15th 05 03:34 PM
CHEVRON SHAPED DECKING Barnsey UK diy 5 July 2nd 05 01:37 PM
Guitar case refurbishing Mark Davis Woodworking 8 January 23rd 05 11:43 AM
'L' shaped bath anybody? BigWallop UK diy 6 July 27th 03 10:04 PM