Posted to rec.woodworking

Default wall moldings

I'm interested in making some wall molding for my living room. I
would like to have rounded corners for this shape....

-----------
/ \
| |
| |
| |
| |
\ /
------------
It's going to be about 3 feet tall and about 1.5 feet wide for each of
these, I plan to repeat the pattern every 2 feet or so along the wall
below the chair rail.

Is this something that is for sale somewhere that I can just nail it
onto the wall? I've seen this design many many times in upscale
homes, but I don't even know what to call it.

Ideas, suggestions?

Posted to rec.woodworking

kellyj00 wrote...

I'm interested in making some wall molding for my living room.

[...]
Is this something that is for sale somewhere that I can just nail it
onto the wall? I've seen this design many many times in upscale
homes, but I don't even know what to call it.

I see a lot of that, and always think of it as "faux wainscoting", though I
don't know if that's a proper term for it.

Ou****er has a large selection of moldings and matching corners made for the
use:

http://www2.archpro.com/cgi-bin/worderc?confc=B2C

--