Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words

http://static.flickr.com/120/3090916...1892c2.jpg?v=0

Amazing. Which one of you guys is that?

JOAT
Democratic justice. One man, one rock.

Posted to rec.woodworking

J T (in ) said:

http://static.flickr.com/120/3090916...1892c2.jpg?v=0

| Amazing. Which one of you guys is that?

Not me (mine has a laser interferometer for precision point angle
tuning)

;-)

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to rec.woodworking

J T wrote:
http://static.flickr.com/120/3090916...1892c2.jpg?v=0

Amazing. Which one of you guys is that?

JOAT
Democratic justice. One man, one rock.

I usually chuck mine in the drill motor then walk over to the bench
grinder for that 'variable angle cone' everyone was talking about last year.

I still think that $300 is a bit much for a pencil sharpener, so I've
adapted mine to sharpen pens, too.

Bill
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 29, 11:08 pm, Bill in Detroit wrote:
J T wrote:
http://static.flickr.com/120/3090916...1892c2.jpg?v=0

Amazing. Which one of you guys is that?

You think I'd settle for a RYOBI drill to sharpen my pencils?!?
Andy

Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

"J T" wrote in message
http://static.flickr.com/120/3090916...1892c2.jpg?v=0

Amazing. Which one of you guys is that?

JOAT
Democratic justice. One man, one rock.

That's just silly, you really need to do it this way.

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...90&cat=1,42936

JC

Posted to rec.woodworking

Amazing.

You mean everybody doesn't do it that way??

DonkeyHody
"The cheapest things in life are free."

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Bill in Detroit" wrote in message
J T wrote:
http://static.flickr.com/120/3090916...1892c2.jpg?v=0

Amazing. Which one of you guys is that?

JOAT
Democratic justice. One man, one rock.

I usually chuck mine in the drill motor then walk over to the bench
grinder for that 'variable angle cone' everyone was talking about last
year.

I still think that $300 is a bit much for a pencil sharpener, so I've
adapted mine to sharpen pens, too.

I use a 1.5 HP ($599) pencil sharpener myself. The disk on my 12/48 JET
sander. Allows me a flat lead on a round pencil. SWMBO mentioned it seemed
overkill the other day when she saw me use it.

Anybody else notice that cedar and even bass have gone to some sort of
composite crap around the ersatz lead, or is it just me?

Posted to rec.woodworking

J T wrote:
http://static.flickr.com/120/3090916...1892c2.jpg?v=0

Amazing. Which one of you guys is that?

JOAT
Democratic justice. One man, one rock.

I usually chuck mine in the drill motor then walk over to the bench
grinder for that 'variable angle cone' everyone was talking about last
year.

I still think that $300 is a bit much for a pencil sharpener, so I've
adapted mine to sharpen pens, too.

I use a 1.5 HP ($599) pencil sharpener myself. The disk on my 12/48 JET
sander. Allows me a flat lead on a round pencil. SWMBO mentioned it seemed
overkill the other day when she saw me use it.

Anybody else notice that cedar and even bass have gone to some sort of
composite crap around the ersatz lead, or is it just me?

I'm pretty sure that Dixon Ticonderoga still uses real wood.
https://secure.pencilnet.com/dixonus...ct&prdIndex=56

Posted to rec.woodworking

J T wrote:
http://static.flickr.com/120/3090916...1892c2.jpg?v=0

Amazing. Which one of you guys is that?

JOAT

Well, it DOES look a little less awkward than the axe I use.

FoggyTown

Posted to rec.woodworking

WARNING! I'd steer clear of any drill operated sharpener that does not have
a means of dust collection. These things can cover your shop with shavings
in short order. I made my own complete with a 4" dust port, no more piles of
pencil shavings all over MY shop. Although I do have to keep a firm grip of
the pencil. --dave

"FoggyTown" wrote in message
ups.com...

J T wrote:
http://static.flickr.com/120/3090916...1892c2.jpg?v=0

Amazing. Which one of you guys is that?

JOAT

Well, it DOES look a little less awkward than the axe I use.

FoggyTown

http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Dave Jackson" wrote in message
nk.net...
WARNING! I'd steer clear of any drill operated sharpener that does not
have a means of dust collection. These things can cover your shop with
shavings in short order. I made my own complete with a 4" dust port, no
more piles of pencil shavings all over MY shop. Although I do have to
keep a firm grip of the pencil. --dave

You make a good point, but don't stop there.

Motorized pencil sharpeners injure tens of thousands of people every year.
With my new PENCIL STOP, it will in milliseconds, stop the sharpener and
dull the point. Only $199.00 for the #2 pencil, but adapters are available
for #1 and #3 pencils.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Joe" wrote in message

"J T" wrote in message
http://static.flickr.com/120/3090916...1892c2.jpg?v=0

Amazing. Which one of you guys is that?

JOAT
Democratic justice. One man, one rock.

That's just silly, you really need to do it this way.

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...90&cat=1,42936

JC

How about this one for the shop computer.
http://www.kleargear.com/1519.html

-- Mark

Posted to rec.woodworking

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Motorized pencil sharpeners injure tens of thousands of people every year.
With my new PENCIL STOP, it will in milliseconds, stop the sharpener and
dull the point. Only $199.00 for the #2 pencil, but adapters are available
for #1 and #3 pencils.

For those too cheap to buy the "Pencil Stop", I can provide an
injury-proof non-toxic "SAFETY CRAYON."

$9.99, delivered!

Available in several designer colors, including:

Caution Yellow
Attention! Red
Calm Blue
Relaxing Green
Emotionless Black

Order today!

Posted to rec.woodworking

Joe wrote:
:
: That's just silly, you really need to do it this way.

: http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...90&cat=1,42936

And you can mount it to this, keeping it handy at all times:

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...=1,43413,45992

-- Andy Barss
Posted to rec.woodworking

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Motorized pencil sharpeners injure tens of thousands of people every year.
With my new PENCIL STOP, it will in milliseconds, stop the sharpener and
dull the point. Only $199.00 for the #2 pencil, but adapters are available
for #1 and #3 pencils.

What are you going to use to test it? ;-)

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Posted to rec.woodworking

B A R R Y wrote:

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Motorized pencil sharpeners injure tens of thousands of people every
year. With my new PENCIL STOP, it will in milliseconds, stop the
sharpener and dull the point. Only $199.00 for the #2 pencil, but
adapters are available for #1 and #3 pencils.

For those too cheap to buy the "Pencil Stop", I can provide an
injury-proof non-toxic "SAFETY CRAYON."

$9.99, delivered!

Available in several designer colors, including:

Caution Yellow
Attention! Red
Calm Blue
Relaxing Green
Emotionless Black

Order today!

What, they don't let you have pencils at work either?

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Posted to rec.woodworking

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
news
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Motorized pencil sharpeners injure tens of thousands of people every
year. With my new PENCIL STOP, it will in milliseconds, stop the
sharpener and dull the point. Only $199.00 for the #2 pencil, but
adapters are available for #1 and #3 pencils.

For those too cheap to buy the "Pencil Stop", I can provide an
injury-proof non-toxic "SAFETY CRAYON."

$9.99, delivered!

Available in several designer colors, including:

Caution Yellow
Attention! Red
Calm Blue
Relaxing Green
Emotionless Black

Order today!

How do you sharpen the crayon?

Posted to rec.woodworking

Mark Jerde wrote:
"Joe" wrote in message

"J T" wrote in message

http://static.flickr.com/120/3090916...1892c2.jpg?v=0

Amazing. Which one of you guys is that?

JOAT
Democratic justice. One man, one rock.

That's just silly, you really need to do it this way.

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...90&cat=1,42936

JC

How about this one for the shop computer.
http://www.kleargear.com/1519.html

-- Mark

I could have used that "office missile launcher" shown at the top of the
page. Wonder how much that is... Great first strike capability...

mahalo,
patton
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Locutus" wrote in news:12muh5j56ru2s70
@corp.supernews.com:

How do you sharpen the crayon?

That's the beauty of crayons, they're self sharpening! No nasty
dangerous cutting tools to injure yourself upon, if you need a finer
line, you just rotate the crayon a little! Safe enough a kid could use
it!

Puckdropper

Posted to rec.woodworking

Ooo, now I am interested. Do you have any demo movies you could post with a
hot dog test? Or mebbe it needs to be a cheerio rather than hot dog. (Umm
Aussie for little hot dogs..)

You make a good point, but don't stop there.

Motorized pencil sharpeners injure tens of thousands of people every year.
With my new PENCIL STOP, it will in milliseconds, stop the sharpener and
dull the point. Only $199.00 for the #2 pencil, but adapters are
available for #1 and #3 pencils.

Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Thu, Nov 30, 2006, 5:21am (EST-3) (FoggyTown) doeth
sayeth:
Well, it DOES look a little less awkward than the axe I use.

Use a hatchet.

JOAT
I am, therefore I think.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Motorized pencil sharpeners injure tens of thousands of people every
year.
With my new PENCIL STOP, it will in milliseconds, stop the sharpener and
dull the point. Only $199.00 for the #2 pencil, but adapters are
available for #1 and #3 pencils.

What are you going to use to test it? ;-)

Cocktail weiner.

_________________________________
Lee Gordon
http://www.leegordonproductions.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

Nova wrote:

What, they don't let you have pencils at work either?

Nothing with a sharp point!
Posted to rec.woodworking

Locutus wrote:

How do you sharpen the crayon?

With the "Safety Crayon Sharpening Stone", of course!

It's only $59.99 + $5000 overnight s/h. Guaranteed flat to 1/2".

Here's a photo of the warehouse:
http://www.materiaux-anciens-autempsjadis.com/images/dallage_pierre5.jpg

If you don't need it fast, we can ship it to your curbside for only $850.

thousand-dollar pliers [email protected] Woodworking 29 June 4th 07 04:30 PM
OT Humor:Words of Yesterday jo4hn Woodworking 64 April 23rd 06 08:59 PM
4 letter words Jordan Metalworking 7 January 20th 06 02:01 AM
TURN $6 INTO 6 THOUSAND!!!! [email protected] Metalworking 1 November 21st 05 01:04 AM
Words to live by? foggytown Woodworking 11 March 27th 05 02:26 PM