NuggetVille

Default New to St Augustine FL, any good wood sources?

I just moved to St. Augustine, FL.
I never really feel at home in a city until I find a good supplier of exotic
and regular s3s hardwood [or rough..]
[not to mention metal and plastic stuff used/new for jigs and such..]

I would appreciate any advise on [reasonably nearby] stores that sell to
consumers in smaller quantities and allow you to select your own boards.

I did find a neat source for hardware and stainless fasteners at a marine
store 'Sailors Exchange' on King st. [new and used boat scrapyard with tons
of stainless and brass stuff..]

TIA, appreciate it.
Dave

Kennor

About 45 minutes or so south of you in Edgewater, there is Chipmunk
Hardwoods. It's out of a guys House/Shop, but he stocks quite a bit and is
reasonable for the area.
www.chipmunkhardwoods.com
I usually order out of state for larger quantities, but in a pinch he's
always been a good source.

"NuggetVille" wrote in message
om...
I just moved to St. Augustine, FL.
I never really feel at home in a city until I find a good supplier of

exotic
and regular s3s hardwood [or rough..]
[not to mention metal and plastic stuff used/new for jigs and such..]

I would appreciate any advise on [reasonably nearby] stores that sell to
consumers in smaller quantities and allow you to select your own boards.

I did find a neat source for hardware and stainless fasteners at a marine
store 'Sailors Exchange' on King st. [new and used boat scrapyard with

tons
of stainless and brass stuff..]

TIA, appreciate it.
Dave

LRod

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 20:09:19 GMT, "Kennor"
wrote:

About 45 minutes or so south of you in Edgewater, there is Chipmunk
Hardwoods. It's out of a guys House/Shop, but he stocks quite a bit and is
reasonable for the area.
www.chipmunkhardwoods.com

Don't get him excited; 45 minutes only gets him (Dave) to Ormond Beach
where I live. Edgewater is another 20 minutes or so south of there.

But thanks for posting the answer, because I had been made aware of
Chipmunk once before (like before I bought the house in Ormond and
didn't need the information), but lost it and couldn't relocate it. I
now have the page bookmarked and I'll drive down for a visit one of
these days.

LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

wood colour on dado wallpaper Glenn UK diy 2 March 19th 04 02:31 AM
How To: Embedding Metal Design into Wood Mark S. Suever Metalworking 11 January 13th 04 06:58 PM
Wood Burning Stoves andrewpreece UK diy 4 August 19th 03 12:49 PM
Floating wood floor. ian UK diy 4 July 25th 03 07:44 PM
Wood shreds... Follow-up P van Rijckevorsel Woodworking 1 July 12th 03 06:27 PM