Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Solid Counter top for the DIY

Nova wrote:
J. Clarke wrote:
On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 04:34:47 -0600, lwasserm wrote:
There ARE such sources. Just put "DIY solid surface countertop" in a
google search and you'll find some on the first page returned.

There are?

Then please provide a link to just one of those suppliers of acrylic solid
surface. There's plenty of polyester available but that's not what we're
talking about.

Lowes, LG-HIMACS:

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...brandpage=lghi

I did the clicky-pop and found this:

LG HI-MACS® is affordable luxury

Lower cost

The industry's only 15-year fully transferable warranty

All colors are available at Lowe's

Installed by certified fabricators

Why You Should choose LG HI-MACS® Solid Surface

LG HI-MACS® is affordable luxury
etc....

Installed by certified fabricators
All fabricators are certified to fabricate and install LG HI-MACS®.
This means they are proven professionals which is reflective of the
quality and service expectations of Lowe's.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 18:13:29 +0000, Nova wrote:

J. Clarke wrote:
On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 04:34:47 -0600, lwasserm wrote:
There ARE such sources. Just put "DIY solid surface countertop" in a
google search and you'll find some on the first page returned.

There are?

Then please provide a link to just one of those suppliers of acrylic solid
surface. There's plenty of polyester available but that's not what we're
talking about.

Lowes, LG-HIMACS:

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...brandpage=lghi

They'll sell you a full sheet of the stuff uninstalled?

--
X:\Newsreaders\sig.txt
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 21 Nov 2006 10:35:57 -0800, "Robatoy" wrote:

I think I like Brandywine better...I have been to Jersey...LOL
Brandywine is so full of history... stuff that as a Canadian Dutchman I
simply wasn't aware of. I have some knowledge of The Ardennes, Dunkirk,
Somme, Dieppe and European battles like that, but did not know how huge
the American Civil war was. I did visit a few touristy spots, as I am a
culture junky.
That was 20 years ago..I'd like to go back with more time to spend
there. Lovely country down there.

Ping me when you are coming down. That's the home turf.

The river is the Brandywine and it winds through Chester County on its
way to Delaware. There is one old DuPont estate that has become
Longwood Gardens which is one of the finest botanical gardens in the
world. Another DuPont estate is now home to one of the finest
collections of furniture in the world - Winterthur. It's nice to see
money made in gunpowder put to such fine use.

Andy Wyeth's place is on the Brandywine just above Chadd's Ford and if
you are into his painting, you might enjoy seeing some of the country,
buildings and people that he painted.

The Battle of the Brandywine occurred in the area and there was a
local historian named Chris Sanderson who was famous for lecturing
about it in such a fine and animated way that folks weren't even all
that disappointed to learn at the end that we had gotten our asses
kicked in that one.

There also happens to be a place that is renowned for its collection
of single malt scotches. They have a great fireplace, for real
gasogenes for those who feel the need to abuse their beverage, and a
wonderful collection of Waterford crystal that they put to its
intended use. An evening spent in one of the wingback chairs by the
fireplace, good whiskey and good company is something to be
experienced.

Oh yeah, they also serve food.

Regards,

Tom Watson

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/

Replacing Formica Kitchen Counter Top ron Home Repair 2 October 17th 06 08:57 PM
glueing together the two parts of a Formica counter, and the end pieces mm Home Repair 10 September 15th 06 01:41 PM
Solid stain vs. paint jay Home Repair 2 June 18th 05 01:01 PM
OT Need advice on plumbing new water heater to existing solid copper lines [email protected] Woodworking 18 March 19th 05 12:49 AM
dot and dab insulated plaster board on solid wall - ok? Niel A. Farrow UK diy 4 October 14th 03 02:24 PM