Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Opinion of the JET Model 708100 table saw.

I have the opportunity to purchase this saw for $399.99 at my local
Woodcraft. This is the last one they have and it is the floor model.
No big deal there--it saves me a lot of time of putting it together. I
guess this was a new saw this year and Jet gave Woodcraft x-many of
them to sell at $400. From what they tell me, any that they sell from
now on will go for $549.00.

Whatever. All I know is that this is a LOT better than the little
Delta 36-600 I currently have.

I can scrape together the $400 now but I would like to get some
opinions of it from others. This saw is a belt drive but the motor is
mounted underneath, thus giving me more room in the garage. Plus I
will be able to rewire it for 220 if and when I want.

Just so we all know, I do not have plans to continually be running big
maple or oak or other hardwood boards through it. I plan on making
things like shelves, kitchen cabinets, boxes, etc. The other saw would
have definitely still worked for all I plan on doing in the near future
but I have always wanted the capability to cut mot anything I may want
to in the future.