Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Hooray! I'm eventually getting somewhere!

This whole website building thing is complicated, but at last i really
think I'm getting somewhere...

I've added more plans and started to put the links in categories at
www.woodworking.wizkids.co.uk. It's taking a lot more time than I
thought, but I'm actually quite enjoying it; although my DIY has come
to a complete standstill for over 3 weeks now. Wifes not happy!

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
ups.com...
This whole website building thing is complicated, but at last i really
think I'm getting somewhere...

I've added more plans and started to put the links in categories at
www.woodworking.wizkids.co.uk. It's taking a lot more time than I
thought, but I'm actually quite enjoying it; although my DIY has come
to a complete standstill for over 3 weeks now. Wifes not happy!

Thats great. The real question is are you making any money off of us with
your Google ads yet?

--
Stoutman
www.garagewoodworks.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

Stoutman wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...
This whole website building thing is complicated, but at last i really
think I'm getting somewhere...

I've added more plans and started to put the links in categories at
www.woodworking.wizkids.co.uk. It's taking a lot more time than I
thought, but I'm actually quite enjoying it; although my DIY has come
to a complete standstill for over 3 weeks now. Wifes not happy!

Thats great. The real question is are you making any money off of us with
your Google ads yet?

--
Stoutman
www.garagewoodworks.com

Not really. But it's fun watching it anyway.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
ps.com...

Stoutman wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...
This whole website building thing is complicated, but at last i really
think I'm getting somewhere...

I've added more plans and started to put the links in categories at
www.woodworking.wizkids.co.uk. It's taking a lot more time than I
thought, but I'm actually quite enjoying it; although my DIY has come
to a complete standstill for over 3 weeks now. Wifes not happy!

Thats great. The real question is are you making any money off of us
with
your Google ads yet?

--
Stoutman
www.garagewoodworks.com

Not really. But it's fun watching it anyway.

Watch out for Google Ads! They are a shady group at Google. All someone
has to do to get your Google Ad account revoked is to keep clicking on the
same ad over and over. It sends a 'red flag' to Google that something is a
little fishy. Once you are account is about to be paid out, they drop you
like a hot potato. They intentionally wait until your account reaches the
pay out amount ($150 ?) before doing this.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 28 Oct 2006 14:47:41 GMT, "Stoutman" .@. wrote:

Watch out for Google Ads! They are a shady group at Google. All someone
has to do to get your Google Ad account revoked is to keep clicking on the
same ad over and over. It sends a 'red flag' to Google that something is a
little fishy. Once you are account is about to be paid out, they drop you
like a hot potato. They intentionally wait until your account reaches the
pay out amount ($150 ?) before doing this.

What's shady about that? If they didn't do that, it'd be very easy to
abuse.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Prometheus" wrote in message
On Sat, 28 Oct 2006 14:47:41 GMT, "Stoutman" .@. wrote:

Watch out for Google Ads! They are a shady group at Google. All someone
has to do to get your Google Ad account revoked is to keep clicking on the
same ad over and over. It sends a 'red flag' to Google that something is
little fishy. Once you are account is about to be paid out, they drop you
like a hot potato. They intentionally wait until your account reaches the
pay out amount ($150 ?) before doing this.

What's shady about that? If they didn't do that, it'd be very easy to
abuse.

'I' could have his account revoked simply by clicking on the same ad
'several' times. It will appear to Google to be click-fraud. You don't
receive payment from Google until you have a balance of $100. If they are
suspicious of you, they will wait until your account reaches $99 before they
send you a notice e-mail and end their relationship with you. Then you
don't receive a dime. That is a little shady.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 01:33:57 GMT, "Stoutman" .@. wrote:

"Prometheus" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Perhaps, but it seems like the only way to prevent someone from
spoofing thier IP and then repeatedly clicking on their own ad to make
money. Seems like a bad way to make money to me, but there's always
someone who will do anything for a nickle. Hell, even for free- I
met a guy one time who was terribly proud of beating a video game by
spending every day for six weeks making his character throw meat at a
wall to get a tiny amount of "experience points" each time until his
character was invulnerable. It's people like that they're guarding
against, and I imagine they're willing to risk alienating the one or
two people who are legitimately victims of someone else's activities
to make the scam impossible.

Besides, who the heck is going to bother doing that to your website?

Posted to rec.woodworking

Besides, who the heck is going to bother doing that to your website?

Family members that think they are doing you a 'favor'.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 13:45:09 GMT, "Stoutman" .@. wrote:

Besides, who the heck is going to bother doing that to your website?

Family members that think they are doing you a 'favor'.

Ahh. It's a matter of family 're-education'. Took a long time, and
eventually outright yelling, to get my mother to stop forwarding spam
with virus-infected attachments to my e-mail account because she
thought little inspirational stories were "cute".

But that's not really Google's fault- it's misguided family members
(perhaps unknowingly) running a scam on your behalf. That's exactly
what they're trying to prevent.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Prometheus wrote:
On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 13:45:09 GMT, "Stoutman" .@. wrote:

Besides, who the heck is going to bother doing that to your website?

Family members that think they are doing you a 'favor'.

Well we'll have to see... it'll take me months to get to $100 anyway!