Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Replacement for viewing JPG files

During an upload of software the program halted and hasn't responded
since. Adobe tells me they no longer support 7.0 and looking on their
site is an overabundance of options NOT in reasonable price range for
what I'm after. One photoshop program is priced at almost $650.00.
All that I'm looking for is decoding the JPG files on the alt.binaries
newsgroups and others buried in posts. Using Windows XP for home for
info. What programs do others find viable?
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
During an upload of software the program halted and hasn't responded
since. Adobe tells me they no longer support 7.0 and looking on their
site is an overabundance of options NOT in reasonable price range for
what I'm after. One photoshop program is priced at almost $650.00.
All that I'm looking for is decoding the JPG files on the alt.binaries
newsgroups and others buried in posts. Using Windows XP for home for
info. What programs do others find viable?

If all you are doing is viewing files, there should be plenty of free
viewers out there. Including within XP. If you need to update, then do that.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Unless I'm misunderstanding the question, whatever browser (IE,
FireFox, Mozilla) you're using should be able to open most standard
images (JPG, PNG, GIF, etc)

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
All that I'm looking for is decoding the JPG files on the alt.binaries
newsgroups and others buried in posts. Using Windows XP for home for
info. What programs do others find viable?

You're using Agent 4.1. That decodes JPG files including yEnc fine. I fail
to see what your problem is.

Posted to rec.woodworking

If you are looking for something comparable to Adobe Photoshop, then an
inexpensive alternative is Corel Paint Shop Pro which is less than $100. It
has most of the editing capabilities (filetypes, layers, plugins) that
Photoshop supports. I use Photoshop at work but wasn't willing to spend
that kind of cash at home and have been quite happy with Paint Shop Pro.