Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Senco Brad Nailer Leaks

My 18 gauge nailer leaks air somewhere internally in the tool. It is only
about 2 years old, and I've always oiled it per the instructions.

Is this worth getting serviced, or should I just bag it and buy a new one?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 07:10:48 -0400, "Buck Turgidson"
wrote:

My 18 gauge nailer leaks air somewhere internally in the tool. It is only
about 2 years old, and I've always oiled it per the instructions.

Is this worth getting serviced, or should I just bag it and buy a new one?

How much does a service kit cost? Usually just a few o rings or seals
and some grease fixes a tool.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

My 18 gauge nailer leaks air somewhere internally in the tool. It is only
about 2 years old, and I've always oiled it per the instructions.

Is this worth getting serviced, or should I just bag it and buy a new one?

Absolutely worth getting serviced. Senco is not Harbor Freight. They
are a quality tool designed for hard work. I'm surprised about the two
years, though. Mine is older than that and hasn't developed any
problems. Still, it's worth fixing.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

care to correspond with you anyway.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Buck Turgidson" wrote in message
My 18 gauge nailer leaks air somewhere internally in the tool. It is only
about 2 years old, and I've always oiled it per the instructions.

Is this worth getting serviced, or should I just bag it and buy a new one?

If your Mercedes developed a flat tire, would you scrap it?

Repair it, Senco is a top notch brand built to last for years and be
rebuilt.

Posted to rec.woodworking

How much does a service kit cost? Usually just a few o rings or seals
and some grease fixes a tool.

So it's not a big deal to take it apart and replace rings and seals? Never
considered doing it myself, but maybe I should.

Posted to rec.woodworking

uuh, excuse me but...I've been using a Senco SLP20 brad gun for about
15 years professionally.......and just last week had to replace the
bumber & ram assembly.........but my Senco is oilfree.....as I thought
most all thier finish & trim guns are, ( SPL20, SFn1, SFN40, etc. )ya
might wanna double check that yours really is 'sposed to get oil.FWIW
Buck Turgidson wrote:
How much does a service kit cost? Usually just a few o rings or seals
and some grease fixes a tool.

So it's not a big deal to take it apart and replace rings and seals? Never
considered doing it myself, but maybe I should.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Buck Turgidson wrote:
How much does a service kit cost? Usually just a few o rings or seals
and some grease fixes a tool.

So it's not a big deal to take it apart and replace rings and seals? Never
considered doing it myself, but maybe I should.

That was my first thought. I got my SFN40 for practically nothing
because it had been oiled and all the seals were leaking. A quick
rebuild took care of the problem.

Regardless, a Senco is worth rebuilding.
--
"We need to make a sacrifice to the gods, find me a young virgin... oh, and bring something to kill"

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

woodman461 wrote:
but my Senco is oilfree.....as I thought
most all thier finish & trim guns are

Nope!

I have an FP35, FP18, and an SLS20, that not only require oil, Senco
includes it in the case.