Posted to rec.woodworking
Tim Douglass Tim Douglass is offline

Default Senco Brad Nailer Leaks

On 13 Oct 2006 08:04:22 -0700, "woodman461"
wrote:

uuh, excuse me but...I've been using a Senco SLP20 brad gun for about
15 years professionally.......and just last week had to replace the
bumber & ram assembly.........but my Senco is oilfree.....as I thought
most all thier finish & trim guns are, ( SPL20, SFn1, SFN40, etc. )ya
might wanna double check that yours really is 'sposed to get oil.FWIW
Buck Turgidson wrote:
How much does a service kit cost? Usually just a few o rings or seals
and some grease fixes a tool.

So it's not a big deal to take it apart and replace rings and seals? Never
considered doing it myself, but maybe I should.

That was my first thought. I got my SFN40 for practically nothing
because it had been oiled and all the seals were leaking. A quick
rebuild took care of the problem.

Regardless, a Senco is worth rebuilding.
--
"We need to make a sacrifice to the gods, find me a young virgin... oh, and bring something to kill"

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com