Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Craftsman Jointer Screws.

The screws you mention are the height adjustment screws. The cutters set on
these screw heads.. The others lock the wedge like holder in place to hold
the cutters firmly in the rotating head.

Adjust the cutters so they are all at the same height or else you will get a
"ripple" cut.

Don Dando

Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Don Dando wrote:
The screws you mention are the height adjustment screws. The cutters set on
these screw heads.. ...

No, we've established (see other responses in original thread) this
cutterhead is one of the ones w/o the knife-height adjustment
screws...unfortunate, and a pita, but so it is...although it's been a
long time, I'm know thinking I recall the one like OP's I had didn't
have them, either--but that's been nearly 30 years ago, now, so I don't
recall for absolute certain.

These are the two (only) that lock the cutterhead to the shaft...

Posted to rec.woodworking

Don Dando wrote:
The screws you mention are the height adjustment screws. The cutters set on
these screw heads.. The others lock the wedge like holder in place to hold
the cutters firmly in the rotating head.

Adjust the cutters so they are all at the same height or else you will get a
"ripple" cut.

Don Dando

Hey Don. How come you started a new thread in reply to an existing
one?

Posted to rec.woodworking
TBM TBM is offline

"RicodJour" wrote in message
oups.com...
Don Dando wrote:
The screws you mention are the height adjustment screws. The cutters set
on
these screw heads.. The others lock the wedge like holder in place to
hold
the cutters firmly in the rotating head.

Adjust the cutters so they are all at the same height or else you will
get a
"ripple" cut.

Don Dando

Hey Don. How come you started a new thread in reply to an existing
one?

'

Because that is his shtick.

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , "Don Dando" wrote:
The screws you mention are the height adjustment screws. The cutters set on
these screw heads.. The others lock the wedge like holder in place to hold
the cutters firmly in the rotating head.

Adjust the cutters so they are all at the same height or else you will get a
"ripple" cut.

Hey, Don, how about quoting some context when you reply to a post, so that
folks might have some idea what the heck you're talking about?

--
Regards,

which jointer? R. Pierce Butler Woodworking 32 August 17th 06 05:01 PM
Installed Byrd helical cutterhead in DJ-30 jointer (w/pics) [email protected] Woodworking 6 April 17th 06 07:44 AM
Craftsman jointer. SBO Woodworking 4 January 17th 06 02:00 AM
Which 6" jointer? NoNameAtAll Woodworking 30 January 29th 04 04:00 AM
Mounted biscuit jointer JR Woodworking 3 December 7th 03 06:55 PM