Posted to rec.woodworking
SBO

Default Craftsman jointer.

I have this Craftsman jointer:
http://www6.sears.ca/webapp/wcs/stor...ctId=158484847

I realised that the infeet and outfeet tables are not parallel. I read the
instruction but it don't talk about it. Is it possible to adjust ?

Thank you !

S.B.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Squarei4dtoolguy

SBO wrote:
I realised that the infeet and outfeet tables are not parallel.

Get ready to get your hands dirty. You may be able to adjust parallel
with machinists shims. Machinists use them to adjust and set up milling
tables and lathe turrets, etc. Those little bench-top tools are usually
not very adjustment friendly. Open it up and see if there is an obvious
adjustment, bolts, wedges,, if not see if shims or washer type shims
will work. Be careful not to raise the out-feed table too far above the
cutters. I don't know how much adjustment you have.

Tom in KY, USA

Posted to rec.woodworking
ks

If I recall correctly, the outfeed is cast into the jointer body, ie: it is
an integral part of the jointer.
It is possible to adjust the Infeed side though. There are four screws, one
on each corner. You access them from the bottom. So, you need to turn the
jointer on its side, and if I recall correctly, you must remove the drive
belt to get at those screws.

"SBO" wrote in message
I have this Craftsman jointer:

http://www6.sears.ca/webapp/wcs/stor...ctId=158484847

I realised that the infeet and outfeet tables are not parallel. I read the
instruction but it don't talk about it. Is it possible to adjust ?

Thank you !

S.B.

Posted to rec.woodworking
OneThou

I have the same jointer, just did the adjustment this past weekend.
My table was out by a 5thou sag on the infeed, toward the operator.

Adjustment is via set screws on the infeed table, accessible after
removing the bottom plate.
Look for 4 hex head bolts situated around the motor (motor/belt removal
not req'd)
Loosen whatever bolt is located at desired adjustment point, then move
the set screw to adjust and tighten the bolt back up onto the now
adjusted set screw.
Got mine to within about 2thou.
Now if I could just get the knives out.......but that is an earlier
post.

Posted to rec.woodworking
SBO

Thank you to all for the informations.

I don't understand why Craftsman don't explain this in the owner's manual.

S.B.