Old September 23rd 06, 12:15 AM posted to rec.woodworking

Default craftsman 10" radial saw table size question

I was just given a Craftsman 10" radial arm saw Model #: 113.197702
It has no manual and no table top.
Can anyone tell me the correct thickness and size of the front table,
fence, and back table?
Thanks!

Old September 23rd 06, 02:01 AM posted to rec.woodworking

In article .com, wrote:
I was just given a Craftsman 10" radial arm saw Model #: 113.197702
It has no manual and no table top.

Manuals appear to still be available from Sears. So are the table parts,
too... for over a hundred bucks plus tax and shipping. I'd go the same route
you have in mind, and make my own.

The manual wouldn't help you with this, by the way. It doesn't give
dimensions.

Can anyone tell me the correct thickness and size of the front table,
fence, and back table?

I have a Craftsman radial arm saw model 113.199250, which is substantially
similar to yours (judging by the diagram at www3.sears.com).

Dimensions for mine a

Front table 1" thick MDF, 40" x 18 1/4"
Rear table 1" thick MDF, 40" x 6 5/8"
Table spacer 1" thick MDF, 40" x 2"
Fence 3/4" thick maple, 40" x 2"

If you can't find 1" thick MDF (and you won't at Home Depot -- check with
cabinet shops, and the distributors that supply them), then use 3/4" MDF with
1/4" Masonite either above as a sacrificial top, or below as a shim. IIRC, you
need the full 1" thickness, otherwise you can't lower the blade far enough to
cut all the way through a board.

Thanks!

Glad to help -- hope these dimensions work with your saw.

--
Regards,

Old September 24th 06, 06:02 PM posted to rec.woodworking

STOP!!!!!!!!

Don't do anything except go to this website:

http://www.radialarmsawrecall.com/

You are in luck, they will send you a new blade guard and table...free
of charge. I did it about 3 years ago.

Old September 25th 06, 06:56 AM posted to rec.woodworking

So far you have gotten one reply suggesting checking with Sears for a manual
and a couple pointing you to www.radialarmsawrecall.com for a possible new
blade guard and a new table. However, the other relevant bit of information
is that the recall is being offered by the manufacturer of this particular
saw, Emerson Tool Company and they may very well be able to supply you with
a manual (it doesn't come with the blade guard kit). The good news is that
while Sears will charge you for the manual, Emerson will likely send it to
you free, but you probably have to request it separately from the blade
guard recall transaction.

Lee

_________________________________
Lee Gordon
http://www.leegordonproductions.com

Old January 7th 21, 07:01 AM posted to rec.woodworking

Thank you,

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...on-337258-.htm

Old January 8th 21, 01:52 AM posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 7 Jan 2021 06:01:14 +0000, CP
wrote:

Thank you,

I could measure it (1", I think). Want one? Come get it. It comes
attached to a RAS. It also has the safety recall hardware in its
original box. It's all one deal.

Delta radial arm saw table size [email protected] Woodworking 4 September 6th 06 09:28 PM
Jessem Sliding Table - Question for additional use Nicky Woodworking 4 April 16th 06 04:14 PM
Table saw question scully Woodworking 12 March 15th 06 05:07 PM
Question on starter size glensmith Metalworking 5 December 18th 05 01:11 AM
Newbie Craftsman table saw question Dale Lorenzen Woodworking 15 August 8th 04 04:26 PM