Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default craftsman 10" radial saw table size question

In article .com, wrote:
I was just given a Craftsman 10" radial arm saw Model #: 113.197702
It has no manual and no table top.

Manuals appear to still be available from Sears. So are the table parts,
too... for over a hundred bucks plus tax and shipping. I'd go the same route
you have in mind, and make my own.

The manual wouldn't help you with this, by the way. It doesn't give
dimensions.

Can anyone tell me the correct thickness and size of the front table,
fence, and back table?

I have a Craftsman radial arm saw model 113.199250, which is substantially
similar to yours (judging by the diagram at www3.sears.com).

Dimensions for mine a

Front table 1" thick MDF, 40" x 18 1/4"
Rear table 1" thick MDF, 40" x 6 5/8"
Table spacer 1" thick MDF, 40" x 2"
Fence 3/4" thick maple, 40" x 2"

If you can't find 1" thick MDF (and you won't at Home Depot -- check with
cabinet shops, and the distributors that supply them), then use 3/4" MDF with
1/4" Masonite either above as a sacrificial top, or below as a shim. IIRC, you
need the full 1" thickness, otherwise you can't lower the blade far enough to
cut all the way through a board.

Thanks!

Glad to help -- hope these dimensions work with your saw.

--
Regards,