Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default Mildly OT - And Why I Still Admit They're Mine

Yeah, it's got wood in it. Later.

Well, I finally got time to try and get the donor vehicle for the
Dub started and moved. Tried to get the older son to come over and
help. Gave me some story about his MIL's birthday. But then the
younger son surprised me and offerred to help. It started but wouldn't
keep running. Tommorrow I'll check the builtin filter in the carb. I
bit frustrating because I've only got to move it about 30 feet, so I can
get what I need off of it and discard the rest. That will also allow
someone to come in and tow away a 1980 Pontiac wagon the younger kid
brought in and basically abandoned. A shame, because it looks good, the
interior is great, and it runs. Just a bad trans.

Recently a recycling automobile yad in the area (junk yard to the
uninformed) converted to a pick your own parts operation, and for Labor
Day is having a half price sale. The younger son found an axle that
would be great in my Luv - that's the one they're supposed to be getting
finished for me, and the older son wants to pick up the axle tomorrow.
Disc brakes, locker rearend, 4:11 gears, all for arund $60 - my money of
course. I figure with the right tires, and a bit of weight in the back,
with the engine that's in the Luv, I may even be able to pull the
wheels, on a good day. They've been promising to get the Luv done for a
while now, so i'm not holding my breath, but they talk like they
actually may start working on it this time. If nothing else, I can
always get my money back on the axle, and probably a bit extra.

The Luv looks a bit shabby now and that's just the way it's gonna
remain. Should make an excellent sleeper. I drove it a time or two
when the older son owned it, it had a tired 350 in it, but even with no
traction, it was fast. The crate engine in it now doesn't have too many
miles on it and has a Performer intake, Holley carb, and one or two
other things.

Oh yeah, the wood connection. When the Luv "finally" gets on the
road it should really haul ash.

JOAT
My shop, my rules.

Posted to rec.woodworking

J T wrote:
[...]

OK. Here's a brilliant idea for you. Pull the tranny out of the VDub
and put it in the Pontiac. Howzzat?
jo4hn ;-)
Posted to rec.woodworking

"J T" wrote in message

Oh, no, no, no, no, no. You're totally mistaken about what I
meant. I've no problem with keeping the vehicles. It's the kids I'm
willing to make a deal for. I'll even pay shipping, UPS or USPS, your
choice. Get back to me with what you've got to trade.

Think they can be trained to do windows?

Posted to rec.woodworking

"J T" wrote in message
Think they can be trained to do windows?

Absolutely. Guaranteed.

Of course that answer depends on what exactly you want done to
windows. If you meant "cleaning" windows, they're certainly capable of
doing an excellent job with that - getting them to actually clean
windows, well that's "your" problem.

Ok, I'll think about it. I'm just wondering what it would cost to ship them
up to Canada? If they're claimed as a gift worth less than $25 dollars, a
measurable amount of duty can be saved getting them across the border.