Posted to rec.woodworking
bob bob is offline

Default Router table placement choices

Standalone, on good, locking wheels. Mine is normally parked out of the way,
against a wall. To cut small pieces, I just have to hook up the shopvac and
go, and for longer pieces, I wheel it into the middle of the shop. If you
build it as an extension to a bench, you are automatically limiting
yourself.

--
Bob

Travel and Astronomy Photos
http://www3.sympatico.ca/bomo

wrote in message

Now that I am about done with my workbench I have a few other choices
setting up my shop.

Any comments one way or the other about putting a router lift in the
extension table of my unisaw, or building a stand alone table.

I had one mounted on my contractors saw and kinda liked it because it
had a fence already. It didn't have any slots though, but I will be
adding them this time.

Any advantages or disadvantages mounting it on the extension table?
There has to be something that I haven't thought of.

Thanks,
Gary

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , bob
wrote:

Standalone, on good, locking wheels. Mine is normally parked out of the way,
against a wall. To cut small pieces, I just have to hook up the shopvac and
go, and for longer pieces, I wheel it into the middle of the shop. If you
build it as an extension to a bench, you are automatically limiting
yourself.

Do you use four locking wheels or two locking and two free ones?
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Andrew Williams" wrote in message

Do you use four locking wheels or two locking and two free ones?

I use two on mine., but I've never done any huge projects or raised panel
doors

Posted to rec.woodworking
bob bob is offline

I use two locking wheels, but the kind that lock both the wheels themselves
as well as the rotation of the casters. This gives me a very stable setup
and allows me to take big bites out of hardwood without having to balance on
one foot and stop the table from running away the table with the other...

--
Bob

Travel and Astronomy Photos
http://www3.sympatico.ca/bomo