Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Question for Ridgid Bandsaw Owners

On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 22:20:53 GMT, Test Tickle wrote:

I have a question for anyone who has a Ridgid 14 inch Bandsaw with a
riser block. I have a chance to get a good deal on this saw, but I
have a couple hundred miles to drive, and would like to know what size
the nut and bolt are to dissassemble the upper half from the riser
block. The person who now has the saw has no idea, no hand tools, and
I'll have to bring my own. I know this is an odd, large size, there is
no room for an adjustable wrench to fit, and I can't afford to buy a
whole set of extreme size combination wrenches.

So, if anyone would be so kind as to slip a combination wrench over
the nut and bolt on their riser block, I would appreciate it very,
very much.

tt

I have the griz block on the ridgid... I couldn't get to the top of the bolt
because it's behind a shop vac switch, but I'd guess that the nut on the bottom
is 20mm... (my largest is 19mm and it was a bit too small)

A 15/16 fit but was a bit sloppy, 7/8 was too small..

I actually found the original Ridgid bolt after a brief search and it was also
loose with a 15/16 but would work..

That said, if possible I'd leave the saw as intact as I could unless you're
trying to get it into your trunk or something... My guess is that if you don't
have a truck, the saw without the stand would probably lay across a back seat..
Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis
Posted to rec.woodworking

Mac -
Thanks for the photo's of the 'sty' . . .

At least that's the 'inference' from Joanne about my shop . . . and yours is
a WHOLE LOT more 'dense' then mine !!

Regards & Thanks again,
Ron Magen
Backyard Boatshop
{' I don't care what you do . . . but you are NOT turning the lawn & garden
into a 'Nantucket Backyard !!' - - - It should only be !!!!}

"mac davis" wrote
SNIP

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 15:47:50 GMT, Test Tickle wrote:

Think "hand truck".. *g*

My guess is that the wheel was NOT invented by a 19 year old who was bullet
proof and immortal..

On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 08:02:59 -0700, mac davis
wrote:

[...]

Thanks Mac,

Doing the math, partway between 15/16 and 7/8 would be 23mm, so maybe
I'll try to scrounge one of those and a 15/16. There is a W-T Tool
near here, and I should be able to get a crappy Chinese wrench pretty
cheap.

I'd prefer to leave it intact, but I've got to get the saw up basement
stairs and into my truck, alone. In my younger days I would have tried
it without thinking, but I'm not sure I can haul that much iron alone,
anymore. It hurts thinking about it.

Thanks for the info.