Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Jet dust collector canister questions

I have the JET DC1100CK dust collector and looked at replacing the canister for
the unit. I have cleaned it a number of times already and had questioned
replacing it until I looked up the cost. The best price is $200. which is half
the price of the unit. I have had the unit for over a year now and have filled
the bag under the canister a dozen or so times. Do users on these unit just
continue cleaning them or has anyone found a better price on them Thanks
Posted to rec.woodworking

I have the DC1100C. Looks like the same unit as yours.
The filter should last for years. Swing the "paddle" that
flaps against the filter ribs for a few revolutions and
blow the accumulated dust out frequently. I do it after
several bag changes. I put a "Turbo" collector on a
garbage can in front of the unit and it makes bag changing
less frequent.

I have had debri punch holes in the large plastic hose
that carries dust from the impellor to the bag and the
plastic bags tear once in a while. I'm still using the
bags that came with it and am looking for tougher
replacements. Anyone have a source?

Jim

"Keith" wrote in message
I have the JET DC1100CK dust collector and looked at replacing the canister
for
the unit. I have cleaned it a number of times already and had questioned
replacing it until I looked up the cost. The best price is $200. which is
half
the price of the unit. I have had the unit for over a year now and have
filled
the bag under the canister a dozen or so times. Do users on these unit
just
continue cleaning them or has anyone found a better price on them Thanks

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
"Woodhead" wrote:

I have had debri punch holes in the large plastic hose
that carries dust from the impellor to the bag and the
plastic bags tear once in a while. I'm still using the
bags that came with it and am looking for tougher
replacements. Anyone have a source?

Tiring of the tears in the plastic bags - and running out of them in
conjunction with my tightwadedness - I placed my plastic bag inside an
old metal trash can I had sitting around. Not only does this help with
containing the debris from escaping a bag puncture, but it makes carting
the shavings to the outside recycle bin easier as well as cutting down
on DC noise. Here's a pic:

http://users.easystreet.com/onlnlowe/misc/TurneryDustCollection.jpg
--
Owen Lowe
The Fly-by-Night Copper Company

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the
Corporate States of America and to the
Republicans for which it stands, one nation,
under debt, easily divisible, with liberty
and justice for oil."
- Wiley Miller, Non Sequitur, 1/24/05
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
Keith wrote:

Do users on these unit just
continue cleaning them or has anyone found a better price on them Thanks

Had mine for 3(?) years now and have no intention of replacing it any
time soon. Use the internal paddle, use a medium-stiff bristle brush and
compressed air on occasion. There's no reason it shouldn't last a very
long time without abuse or damage.