Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Tried on my new skirt, check out my ash! (w/pics)

Looking Good! Keep posting updates!

--
Stoutman
http://www.garagewoodworks.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 21:34:39 -0700, "David F. Eisan"
wrote:

.... snip
Thanks for looking,

David.

That's one massive looking table. Hope you have help moving it into the
house. Would have rather seen the shop foreman on the table. :-)

Posted to rec.woodworking

Hello everyone,

I wasn't expecting to get any shop time today, but I was able to get in a
few hours.

I wasn't sure how the spacing on the legs should be, so I tried a few
different configurations.

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/leglayout.jpg

I have tons of ash, but it is all 8/4+ so I had to resaw what I needed for
the table skirt.

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/i...skirtresaw.jpg

The material dressed out to almost 1" thick.

There is to be a drawer on one side of the table. I am not sure why, but the
shop foreman wanted one, so there will be one.

I ripped one long skirt into three strips and then crosscut the middle strip
into three as well.

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/i...irtdrawer1.jpg

I slid the boards back and fourth until I had a good grain match. The drawer
front is a press fit into the opening. There will be no mechanical drawer
slide, it will run on wooden slides with a kicker strip at the top. I want
there to be as small a reveal around the drawer opening as possible.

Here are the parts being glued back together.

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/i...irtdrawer2.jpg

I wanted to run a bead along the bottom edge of the skirt. Here is the bead
being run on my router table. My router table is the only machine that has
ever bitten me, so I use a power feeder and I don't have to hand feed.

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/i...unningbead.jpg

Boring shot of tennon cutting.

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/ashtennon.jpg

Here are two shots of the dry fit. The shop foreman can be seen in one of
the shots.

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/i...bledryfit1.jpg

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/i...bledryfit2.jpg

I am taking the table top to a local cabinet shop tomorrow to have them run
it through their $250K 52" multihead wide belt sander. I don't know why, but
Katarina thought it was funny seeing me on the table top scraping off any
last remnant of glue.

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/i...pingashtop.jpg

Next up, lots of sanding and the main glueup. Then onto the drawer runners
and the drawer.

Thanks for looking,

David.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"David F. Eisan" wrote in message
Hello everyone,

snip of some really good pictures!

Shop foreman with open toe shoes???
Table is looking good so far!!!

Posted to rec.woodworking
tom tom is offline

Darn! You wouldn't take one for the group? That cutout for the drawer,
do you think they compromise the strength of the apron much? I've
thought about reinforcing with angle iron on some designs submitted to
me. Especially if someone's getting up on it, or... getting down on it.
Tom
David F. Eisan wrote:
That's one massive looking table. Hope you have help moving it into the
house. Would have rather seen the shop foreman on the table. :-)

Thanks. I have that photo, but I was told I would be shot if I posted it....
.

David.