Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack

Default Air nailer kit question.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=228013

1. If I nail at an angle the finish nail sticks out about 1/4" from the
surface but then when I use the hammer to drive it down the hail head just
bend over. Are there finish nailers the could be used at an angle?

2. The compressor develop a leak a couple of weeks ago at the regulator.
Took it apart but couldn't see anything wrong - have not replace the O-ring
yet. I've had it over a year but don't use it that much - maybe two
continuous hours. When it is in storage do I leave it at full pressure or
discharge the compressor?

Posted to rec.woodworking

1. For angle nailing, you'll probably want to remove the rubber "boot"
from the saftey tip and set the drive depth to maximum.

2. I have the same compressor, and mine leaked badly where the pipe
nipple that supports the pressure switch is threaded into the tank.
This is a weak point in the design, since any tension on the air hose
stresses the threaded connection, and in my case, the joint was barely
finger tight. After disconnecting the electricals, I was easily able to
tighten it another full turn by hand. Chalk that up to shoddy assembly
(regarding the comment on Chiawanese tools, my compressor was labled as
assembled in the USA).

3. I leave my compressor filled. Now that I've fixed the leak, it holds
pressure indefinitely, so I can shoot off a few nails when I need them
without the unbearable racket of the compresor running. I do bleed off
the water occasionally, but a compressor tank is alwasy going to have
some mositure in it, whehter you keep it filled or empty

Posted to rec.woodworking
Robert Haar

On 2006/6/22 11:42 AM, "Jack" n wrote:

1. If I nail at an angle the finish nail sticks out about 1/4" from the
surface but then when I use the hammer to drive it down the hail head just
bend over. Are there finish nailers the could be used at an angle?

Yes, a number of companies make angled finish nail guns

2. The compressor develop a leak a couple of weeks ago at the regulator.
Took it apart but couldn't see anything wrong - have not replace the O-ring
yet. I've had it over a year but don't use it that much - maybe two
continuous hours.

I have the same compressor , used for hundreds of hours, with no leaks. You
should not be experiencing that kind of problem. Have you contacted Porter
Cable?

When it is in storage do I leave it at full pressure or
discharge the compressor?

Discharge the pressure using the relief valve on the bottom of the tank.

Posted to rec.woodworking
John Thomas

Robert Haar wrote in
:

When it is in storage do I leave it at full pressure or
discharge the compressor?

Discharge the pressure using the relief valve on the bottom of the
tank.

And then turn the valve back in about half a turn or so.

DAMHIKT.

--
Regards,

JT