Posted to rec.woodworking
Antispammer

Default Air Nailgun with portable 12v mini compressor

Will it work with those 12v mini compressors for car?

thanks in advance

extreme newbie

Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale

"Antispammer" wrote in message
Will it work with those 12v mini compressors for car?

Only if the compressor can build up enough pressure for the pressure
requirements of the nailgun. Assuming you can obtain the required pressure
and you've shot a nail, you're going to have to wait for the pressure to
build up again before you can shoot the next nail.

In reality, it would likely be faster for you to use a hammer and a nail
set.

Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke

Antispammer wrote:

Will it work with those 12v mini compressors for car?

If you use the mini-compressor to fill a portable tank perhaps.

thanks in advance

extreme newbie

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"Antispammer" wrote in message
Will it work with those 12v mini compressors for car?

thanks in advance

extreme newbie

Not like you would need.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Thomas Kendrick

If it works at all, it will be V E R Y S L O W L Y. A portable air
tank would be a better solution for a few fasteners, then recharge the
air tank. The mini conpressors are NOT for continuous use and get very
hot even when run for inflating a sports ball, much less a car tire.

On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 15:20:12 +0800, "Antispammer"
wrote:

Will it work with those 12v mini compressors for car?

thanks in advance

extreme newbie

Posted to rec.woodworking
John Thomas

"Antispammer" wrote in news:44965019
@news.starhub.net.sg:

Will it work with those 12v mini compressors for car?

thanks in advance

extreme newbie

What gauge? I used a C-H 'power pal' (think that's what it's called) for
a little while with an 18ga.

As others have said, the compressor runs continuously, noisily, and gets
hot; but if all you need to do is to shoot a couple of (small) nails, it
may work, for some definition of 'work'.

Having said that, it was great justification to go out and buy a real
compressor; and I've since added to my air 'arsenal'.

--
Regards,

JT
Speaking only for myself....
Posted to rec.woodworking
John Emmons

not to mention that after you strip off the oversized plastic and get it
down to a manageable size, they make a great emergency pump for airing up
your motorcycle tires. If you should ever get a flat while on the road.

Best 12 bucks I've ever spent I think.

John E.

"John Thomas" wrote in message
"Antispammer" wrote in news:44965019
@news.starhub.net.sg:

Will it work with those 12v mini compressors for car?

thanks in advance

extreme newbie

What gauge? I used a C-H 'power pal' (think that's what it's called) for
a little while with an 18ga.

As others have said, the compressor runs continuously, noisily, and gets
hot; but if all you need to do is to shoot a couple of (small) nails, it
may work, for some definition of 'work'.

Having said that, it was great justification to go out and buy a real
compressor; and I've since added to my air 'arsenal'.

--
Regards,

JT
Speaking only for myself....

Posted to rec.woodworking
No

Antispammer wrote:
Will it work with those 12v mini compressors for car?

thanks in advance

extreme newbie

Not likely - I'm having trouble seeing the other replies so I apologize
if this has been suggested. You may be able to charge a small portable
air tank with one of those compressors. You could then use that to drive
the gun. Not a rooofing nailer or framing nailer but brad nailer pin or
finish nailer may be fine. bigger nailers use more air and would use up
capacity very quickly.
Check out -
or sears
http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...seBVCookie=Yes