Bill Smith

Default Small Portable Air Compressor

I would like to purchase a small air compressor to run my nailer gun.
I have looked at some of them but they are fairly large and heavy. I
have seen some very small ones and wondered if they worked okay. What
brand and where is the best place to purchase them?

Thanks

Bill
Upscale

"Bill Smith" wrote in message
m...
I would like to purchase a small air compressor to run my nailer gun.
I have looked at some of them but they are fairly large and heavy. I
have seen some very small ones and wondered if they worked okay. What
brand and where is the best place to purchase them?

I'm of the opinion that most small compressors are essentially the same.
There's the pancake type, the hotdog type, the vertical canister type. At
lower horsepower and smaller canister capacity you're limitation is what you
can do with them. They aren't designed for continuous capacity like an air
operated sander might use.

I've got the hotdog type. It has a three gallon capacity with and run by a
one horsepower motor. I use it for my Porter Cable FN250 nail gun and to
fill the tires on my wheelchair. It's five years old and has done everything
I've asked it to do. Of course, I haven't asked it to do very much, but it's
fine for my needs.

TeamCasa

The main difference in the small compressors is how they are lubricated.
The inexpensive ones are oil-less and the more heavy duty ones are oil
lubricated. The ones that use oil have a higher duty cycle and are designed
for significant use. If you are only an occasional user, the little pancake
ones should be fine.

Dave

m...