Posted to rec.woodworking
arw01

Default info on drill press - PowrKraft model 2437A

I have found one of these in a local pawn shop, and since they have 6"
quill travel I'm interested for pen blank drilling.

The second item of interest is the router/shaper connection on the top
of the head (head rotates 180 degrees), and finally the variable speed
on the front of the drill press.

Found some limited company information on the www.owwm.org site, but
wondering if someone might have a manual for one they own or know of
other sources to search at.

Thanks
Alan

Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey

Good drill press. I have one. Try www.toolkraft.com :-)

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to rec.woodworking
arw01

How does the variable speed dial feel when work it. Does it spin ALL
the way around so you can either way or does it have some stops?

Good drill press. I have one. Try www.toolkraft.com :-)

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
DeSoto, Iowa USA
http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto

Posted to rec.woodworking
arw01

I decided to pick up the drill press today from the pawnshop.

This model is basically a router motor in a 6 inch plunge container.
The top of the unit has a threaded shaft for a shaper bit, I've not
played with that portion yet. The drill press is load since it's a
true universal motor in there.

Since there was a bit of rust I did some wet sanding and scrubbing to
knock it down a bit. Also I used some white lithium grease on the
keyway the head slide up and down on and adjusted the spring tension
for the return.

Here are some photos:

img
src="http://www.webbyhome.com:8080/ia5/photos/powrkraft/20060617_powrkraft_drill_press_6.jpg"
img
src="http://www.webbyhome.com:8080/ia5/photos/powrkraft/20060617_powrkraft_drill_press_5.jpg"
img
src="http://www.webbyhome.com:8080/ia5/photos/powrkraft/20060617_powrkraft_drill_press_11.jpg"

Posted to rec.woodworking
arw01

My IP moved again, think it's back to what it was a month ago again and
it stayed there for 2 years..

img
src="http://65.31.102.31:8080/ia5/photos/powrkraft/20060617_powrkraft..."
img
src="http://65.31.102.31:8080/ia5/photos/powrkraft/20060617_powrkraft..."
img
src="http://65.31.102.31:8080/ia5/photos/powrkraft/20060617_powrkraft..."

Posted to rec.woodworking
arw01

src="http://65.31.102.61:8080/ia5/photos/powrkraft/20060617_powrkraft..."
img
src="http://65.31.102.61:8080/ia5/photos/powrkraft/20060617_powrkraft..."
img
src="http://65.31.102.61:8080/ia5/photos/powrkraft/20060617_powrkraft..."

Posted to rec.woodworking
arw01

Default CORRECTED info on drill press - PowrKraft model 2437A

src="http://65.61.102.61:8080/ia5/photos/powrkraft/20060617_powrkraft..."
img
src="http://65.61.102.61:8080/ia5/photos/powrkraft/20060617_powrkraft..."
img