DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   info on drill press - PowrKraft model 2437A (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/165558-info-drill-press-powrkraft-model-2437a.html)

arw01 June 13th 06 10:20 PM

info on drill press - PowrKraft model 2437A

I have found one of these in a local pawn shop, and since they have 6"
quill travel I'm interested for pen blank drilling.

The second item of interest is the router/shaper connection on the top
of the head (head rotates 180 degrees), and finally the variable speed
on the front of the drill press.

Found some limited company information on the www.owwm.org site, but
wondering if someone might have a manual for one they own or know of
other sources to search at.

Thanks
Alan

Morris Dovey June 13th 06 10:50 PM

Good drill press. I have one. Try www.toolkraft.com :-)

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

arw01 June 15th 06 09:52 PM

info on drill press - PowrKraft model 2437A

How does the variable speed dial feel when work it. Does it spin ALL
the way around so you can either way or does it have some stops?

Morris Dovey June 16th 06 10:12 PM

arw01 (in ) said:

| How does the variable speed dial feel when work it. Does it spin
| ALL the way around so you can either way or does it have some stops?

The knob turns smoothly left and right as far as the pot it's
connected to allows. If your speed control knob is freewheeling, you
probably need to tighten the set screw. The knob should also
wind/unwind a red plastic tape speed indicator.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

arw01 June 18th 06 06:01 AM

info on drill press - PowrKraft model 2437A

I decided to pick up the drill press today from the pawnshop.

This model is basically a router motor in a 6 inch plunge container.
The top of the unit has a threaded shaft for a shaper bit, I've not
played with that portion yet. The drill press is load since it's a
true universal motor in there.

Since there was a bit of rust I did some wet sanding and scrubbing to
knock it down a bit. Also I used some white lithium grease on the
keyway the head slide up and down on and adjusted the spring tension
for the return.

Here are some photos:

img
src="http://www.webbyhome.com:8080/ia5/photos/powrkraft/20060617_powrkraft_drill_press_6.jpg"
img
src="http://www.webbyhome.com:8080/ia5/photos/powrkraft/20060617_powrkraft_drill_press_5.jpg"
img
src="http://www.webbyhome.com:8080/ia5/photos/powrkraft/20060617_powrkraft_drill_press_11.jpg"

arw01 June 18th 06 05:33 PM

info on drill press - PowrKraft model 2437A

My IP moved again, think it's back to what it was a month ago again and
it stayed there for 2 years..

img
src="http://65.31.102.31:8080/ia5/photos/powrkraft/20060617_powrkraft..."

arw01 June 18th 06 05:35 PM

src="http://65.31.102.61:8080/ia5/photos/powrkraft/20060617_powrkraft..."

arw01 June 18th 06 05:36 PM

CORRECTED info on drill press - PowrKraft model 2437A

src="http://65.61.102.61:8080/ia5/photos/powrkraft/20060617_powrkraft..."

burgus September 19th 20 03:45 AM

info on drill press - PowrKraft model 2437A

I need a new pot for this press.
Mark

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...7a-104893-.htm