Posted to rec.woodworking
arw01

Default info on drill press - PowrKraft model 2437A

I decided to pick up the drill press today from the pawnshop.

This model is basically a router motor in a 6 inch plunge container.
The top of the unit has a threaded shaft for a shaper bit, I've not
played with that portion yet. The drill press is load since it's a
true universal motor in there.

Since there was a bit of rust I did some wet sanding and scrubbing to
knock it down a bit. Also I used some white lithium grease on the
keyway the head slide up and down on and adjusted the spring tension
for the return.

Here are some photos:

img
src="http://www.webbyhome.com:8080/ia5/photos/powrkraft/20060617_powrkraft_drill_press_6.jpg"