Posted to rec.woodworking

Default saber saw mystery (or do you say sabre?)

When I went for my Bosch sabre saw this morning the plug was missing so
I went to
Menards and got a Makita model 4324. I bought a pack of blades along
with it, the
other-than-Bosch kind. When I opened the Makita box, there was a
complimentary
blade inside, but it was a Bosch type. The instructions didn't mention
anything about it,
but does this tool take both types of blades? The Bosch type that was
included works,
but the small cross-tabs don't seem to insert up into the shank the way
they would
in a Bosch. Just curious, before I rip open the package of new blades
I bought and
find out they don't fit.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Fly-by-Night CC

In article . com,
" wrote:

When I went for my Bosch sabre saw this morning the plug was missing so
I went to
Menards and got a Makita model 4324. I bought a pack of blades along
with it, the
other-than-Bosch kind. When I opened the Makita box, there was a
complimentary
blade inside, but it was a Bosch type. The instructions didn't mention
anything about it,
but does this tool take both types of blades? The Bosch type that was
included works,
but the small cross-tabs don't seem to insert up into the shank the way
they would
in a Bosch. Just curious, before I rip open the package of new blades
I bought and
find out they don't fit.

Don't know about the blades, but, now that you've got a Makita
replacement, I'll pay the shipping of the plug-less Bosch to me.
--
Owen Lowe
The Fly-by-Night Copper Company

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the
Corporate States of America and to the
Republicans for which it stands, one nation,
under debt, easily divisible, with liberty
and justice for oil."
- Wiley Miller, Non Sequitur, 1/24/05
Posted to rec.woodworking

Fly-by-Night CC wrote:

Don't know about the blades, but, now that you've got a Makita
replacement, I'll pay the shipping of the plug-less Bosch to me.
--
Owen Lowe
The Fly-by-Night Copper Company
__________

Nope. Gonna put it out on the curb next to the shop vac that's got
something stuck in the hose. No, I'm gonna get a stock replacement
somewhere online, I guess. Just don't like taped-up cords.

Posted to rec.woodworking

J. Clarke wrote:

the thing
on the end of the power cord that plugs into the wall.

Isn't there a single word in Boschian for this, like:
thingenschtickenwallener?

Posted to rec.woodworking

Andrew Barss wrote:

How on earth did you lose it -- have it plugged in
through a car window and you forgot to unplug it before driving off?
Big cat? Got really hungry?

-- Andy Barss, most curious

I was completely unprepared for it - pulled it out of the van and half
the length of the
cord and plug were missing. Dangling out the door and getting caught
on something
I drove by is a definite possibility. Anyway, I like the 59.00 Makita
- it's nice and light, and has
orbital action and variable speed. The Bosch I'll keep in the shop and
the Makita
will stay in the truck.