Posted to rec.woodworking
Tana

Default fluctuating speed on belt sander

My belt sander speed seems to fluctuate from slow to normal speed as
well as not have much power when I use it.
I use it mounted upside down.
I thought it might be the sanding belt being too loose on the rollers
but that wouldn't make the motor slow.
I haven't pulled it apart yet but was hoping someone might point me in
the right direction.
It is a Ryobi CB76K (in Australia but made in China)

Thanks,
Tana

Posted to rec.woodworking
Tana

"Tana" wrote in message
My belt sander speed seems to fluctuate from slow to normal speed as
well as not have much power when I use it.
I use it mounted upside down.
I thought it might be the sanding belt being too loose on the rollers
but that wouldn't make the motor slow.
I haven't pulled it apart yet but was hoping someone might point me in
the right direction.
It is a Ryobi CB76K (in Australia but made in China)

Thanks,
Tana

thanks, i'm on to it.
Cheers T