Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking
jtpr

Default What kind of router bit would make this edge?

I am reproducing this box...

http://tinyurl.com/hjr43

....or at least trying to (take note of both images, the top becomes
clearer). Anyway, I am using 1/2" stock all 'round. That being said,
and my complete inability to transpose spatial images, how would I
select a router bit to make an edge like the one around the top? The
top will be 1/2" as well.

I guess on a broader point, are router bits purchased and used
according to the thickness of the stock? I look at these in the store
and it seems to me they need to be used on 3/4" or thicker stock or the
bearing on the end will be above the edge of the wood.

Am I looking at these wrong? They are too expensive to just pick up a
few and experiment.

As always,
Thank you.

MOREMONEY [email protected] Home Ownership 0 December 8th 05 07:08 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Anyone _not_ like routers? Silvan Woodworking 38 October 28th 03 05:38 AM
Making Trim? Bob S. Woodworking 0 September 5th 03 10:05 PM