Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve knight

Default clear dc drums I just found one

I stumbled onto these a bit spendy but they are sure clear
http://www.uline.com/Browse_Listing_6755.asp
Posted to rec.woodworking
Edwin Pawlowski

"Steve knight" wrote in message
I stumbled onto these a bit spendy but they are sure clear
http://www.uline.com/Browse_Listing_6755.asp

But will they work? I notice they are liners, not drums. They also ship
and store flat so may not be self supporting. The price is for 20 of the 55
gallon at $162.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han

Robatoy wrote in
:

In article ,
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

"Steve knight" wrote in message
I stumbled onto these a bit spendy but they are sure clear
http://www.uline.com/Browse_Listing_6755.asp

But will they work? I notice they are liners, not drums. They also
ship and store flat so may not be self supporting. The price is for
20 of the 55 gallon at $162.

They would be subjected to part of the vacuum of the DC.. so, correct
me if I'm wrong, but they'd collapse, no?

I have a HF 2 HP DC, retrofitted with a Wynn top-mounted canister filter
(for the top bag) and a bottom-mounted clear plastic bag (fits snugly in
place of the bottom bag of the HF DC). This was a kit, see
http://wynnenv.com/35A_series_cartridge_kit.htm. The HF unit is then
connected to a garbagecan with cyclone lid, then to the equipment. If
anything would collapse, it would be that clear plastic bag . Never
happened yet.
--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking
Toller

"Han" wrote in message
Robatoy wrote in
:

In article ,
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

[...]

In most DC systems the plastic bag is under pressure and it most unlikely to
collapse. Maybe the HF is different.
Oh, you were joking; sorry.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve knight

I misread my bad (G)

Posted to rec.woodworking
Teamcasa

"Steve knight" wrote in message
I misread my bad (G)

No - If its installed directly on your DC, it won't collapse. However if it
used on the vacuum side with a cyclone top, it won't last 1 minute.
Dave

Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy

In article ,
Han wrote:

If
anything would collapse, it would be that clear plastic bag . Never
happened yet.

*slaps own forehead*

What was I thinking? That's the pressure side of the system...silly me...