Posted to rec.woodworking
stoutman

Default Toggle Clamps

I bought my first couple of toggle clamps at Rockler last weekend and now I
can think of a million different ways to use them, but at $15-$18 US dollars
a pop! Geesh!

Anyone now of a good (cheaper) source for these?

--
Stoutman
http://www.garagewoodworks.com

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"stoutman" .@. wrote in message
I bought my first couple of toggle clamps at Rockler last weekend and now I
can think of a million different ways to use them, but at $15-$18 US
dollars a pop! Geesh!

Anyone now of a good (cheaper) source for these?

Cutting edge in Houston has them for about $10. I bought mine there a few
months ago and a week later realized how good that price was when I saw
Rockler was about 50-60 % more expensive.

http://www.cuttingedgetools.com/ You will probably have to tell them the
model # as their catalog does not show near what all they carry.

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , stoutman .@. wrote:
I bought my first couple of toggle clamps at Rockler last weekend and now I
can think of a million different ways to use them, but at $15-$18 US dollars
a pop! Geesh!

Anyone now of a good (cheaper) source for these?

--
Stoutman
http://www.garagewoodworks.com
(Featuring a NEW look)

The traditional source for cheap items of this type is Harbor Freight.
Wait til they are on sale (probably about 3-4 times a year like all
their stuff) and depending on size and style they are in the $5 +/-
price range.

--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland

Posted to rec.woodworking

Try www.carrlane.com
the site dosn't list prices you have to copy & paste item # into the
shopping cart
to see price but lots of selection and quite good prices

Keith

Posted to rec.woodworking
Gooey TARBALLS

Click Item
to Add Description Availability Each
C113007 toggle clamp, Low profile (1), 2 1/2 in. throat, save $2.50,
clearance, no backorder In Stock $4.95
C113008-B toggle clamp, Low profile (1) 2 3/8 in. throat, save $3.50,
clearance, no backorder In Stock $7.15
C113002 toggle clamp, Vertical 3 5/8 in. throat, save $3.80,
clearance, no backorder In Stock $7.45
C3304-C toggle clamp, Inline (4) 2 7/8 in. throat, save $3.20,
clearance, no backorder In Stock $6.45
C3304-E toggle clamp, Inline 2 7/8 in. throat, save $4.30, clearance,
no backorder In Stock $8.65
C3305-C toggle clamp, Inline 2 7/8 in. throat, save $2.60, clearance,
no backorder In Stock $5.25
C3305-E toggle clamp, Inline 1 7/8 in. throat, save $4.30, clearance,
no backorder In Stock $8.65
C336020 toggle clamp, Inline (4) 2 1/2 in. throat, save $2.30,
clearance, no backorder In Stock $4.65

http://www.lmii.com/CartTwo/thirdpro...=Toggle+Clamps
Toggle Clamps
These are the perfect clamps for use on all of the jigs and fixtures in your
shop for quicker, safer and more accurate work. We have 2 styles; one that
gives pressure at 90 degrees to the base (down pressure) and another that
exerts pressure parallel to the base. There are three down pressure styles,
in each the direction of the handle lever action is different.This can be
clearly seen in photos 1, 2, and 3 at right. These and the forward pressure
clamps,4, come in a variety of sizes - all with adjustable clamp pads to
dial-in the exact pressure needed.
The throat depths are measured from the front edge of the clamp to the
center of the tip, fully extended.

wrote in message
In article , stoutman .@. wrote:
I bought my first couple of toggle clamps at Rockler last weekend and now
can think of a million different ways to use them, but at $15-$18 US
dollars
a pop! Geesh!

Anyone now of a good (cheaper) source for these?

--
Stoutman
http://www.garagewoodworks.com
(Featuring a NEW look)

The traditional source for cheap items of this type is Harbor Freight.
Wait til they are on sale (probably about 3-4 times a year like all
their stuff) and depending on size and style they are in the $5 +/-
price range.

--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland

Posted to rec.woodworking
alexy

"stoutman" .@. wrote:

I bought my first couple of toggle clamps at Rockler last weekend and now I
can think of a million different ways to use them, but at $15-$18 US dollars
a pop! Geesh!

Anyone now of a good (cheaper) source for these?

Reid Tool. Follow the economy link, or one of the others if you decide
you need heavier duty. Should be able to find just about any
configuration here. I think there are a couple of other industrial
supply places on the net that probably have good selections as well.

https://reidecom.reidtool.com/xephr/...WIT H_ID=3797
Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

Did you miss my link to The Cutting Edge?

"Gooey TARBALLS" wrote in message
www.cuttingedgetools.com

Posted to rec.woodworking
Gooey TARBALLS

Did you miss my link to The Cutting Edge?

No, I found Cutting Edge Tools. There I found no links to toggles. Is there
another "Cutting Edge" website? Do you have that link?

"Leon" wrote in message
Did you miss my link to The Cutting Edge?

"Gooey TARBALLS" wrote in message
www.cuttingedgetools.com

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

Did you miss my link to The Cutting Edge?

No, I found Cutting Edge Tools. There I found no links to toggles. Is
there another "Cutting Edge" website? Do you have that link?

You listed the same site that I posted and I did mention that their catalog
did not show everything that they carried.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Gooey TARBALLS

Default Toggle Clamps "You listed the same site that I posted "

Not quite. I searched for CUTTINGEDGE and found nothing relating to woodwork
or tools. Then I found CUTTINGEDGETOOLS.COM and figured that was the site
you had referenced and added that to the string to save another the search.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Rick Samuel

Try MSC

Posted to rec.woodworking
Enoch Root

Gooey TARBALLS wrote:
Not quite. I searched for CUTTINGEDGE and found nothing relating to woodwork
or tools. Then I found CUTTINGEDGETOOLS.COM and figured that was the site
you had referenced and added that to the string to save another the search.

You'd have found both those keywords had you restricted your search to
his post which you responded to with the link. It's even in the quoted
text in your post.

er
--
email not valid
Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

Not quite. I searched for CUTTINGEDGE and found nothing relating to
woodwork or tools. Then I found CUTTINGEDGETOOLS.COM and figured that was
the site you had referenced and added that to the string to save another
the search.

I was just wondering if the link that I posted was not working for some
reason.

Irwin Quick Grip clamps vs Jorgensen ISD clamps Ranger Paul Woodworking 0 January 12th 06 04:43 AM
Rubber thingies for toggle clamps.. RzB UK diy 19 January 5th 06 12:00 AM
Too many clamps - Not enough clamps John B Woodworking 0 January 3rd 06 05:32 AM
Clamps Darrell Feltmate Woodturning 6 January 19th 05 08:32 AM
Jorgensen Cabinet Master Clamps ON SALE TomL Woodworking 2 August 3rd 03 04:49 PM