Posted to rec.woodworking
257roberts

Default New Rigid Portable Table Saw, How to add Router?

I just purchased a new Rigid TS2400LS Table Saw. I read when
researching the purchase, that a router table/plate could be added to
the saw. The saw table splits in half, making a hole that a router
mount of some sort could be added using the table saws existing fence
for the router also. The local Woodcrafters store has a predrilled
plate that will fit my router, but would need some other larger plate
to fit in the saw table. If you have ever seen anything like this
rigged up, please post back. Thanks so much.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy

In article .com,
"257roberts" wrote:

I just purchased a new Rigid TS2400LS Table Saw. I read when
researching the purchase, that a router table/plate could be added to
the saw. The saw table splits in half, making a hole that a router
mount of some sort could be added using the table saws existing fence
for the router also. The local Woodcrafters store has a predrilled
plate that will fit my router, but would need some other larger plate
to fit in the saw table. If you have ever seen anything like this
rigged up, please post back. Thanks so much.

I have that saw. I made a plate for it out of a rejected sink-cut-out
made from solid surfacing. You have to rabbet the front and back of the
plate so that the surfaces are level. Mine is pink..lol
Posted to rec.woodworking
BiffNightly

Robatoy, I did exactly the same thing to my Rigid saw. Believe it or not,
the cut-out I used was Pink as well. I am so disapointed to find out I no
longer have a one of a kind router table.
"Robatoy" wrote in message
In article .com,
"257roberts" wrote:

I just purchased a new Rigid TS2400LS Table Saw. I read when
researching the purchase, that a router table/plate could be added to
the saw. The saw table splits in half, making a hole that a router
mount of some sort could be added using the table saws existing fence
for the router also. The local Woodcrafters store has a predrilled
plate that will fit my router, but would need some other larger plate
to fit in the saw table. If you have ever seen anything like this
rigged up, please post back. Thanks so much.

I have that saw. I made a plate for it out of a rejected sink-cut-out
made from solid surfacing. You have to rabbet the front and back of the
plate so that the surfaces are level. Mine is pink..lol

Posted to rec.woodworking
257roberts

Robatoy and all,
Thanks for the replies, did you use a ready made router plate and then
set the plate in your homemade plate? Or did you just make the
homemade one and then drill it to fit your router? Where would my best
bet be to find some soild surface material to make the plate? My
router is a Porter Cable 692, 1 1/2hp with the "D" handle.
257roberts

Robatoy wrote:
In article .com,
"257roberts" wrote:

I just purchased a new Rigid TS2400LS Table Saw. I read when
researching the purchase, that a router table/plate could be added to
the saw. The saw table splits in half, making a hole that a router
mount of some sort could be added using the table saws existing fence
for the router also. The local Woodcrafters store has a predrilled
plate that will fit my router, but would need some other larger plate
to fit in the saw table. If you have ever seen anything like this
rigged up, please post back. Thanks so much.

I have that saw. I made a plate for it out of a rejected sink-cut-out
made from solid surfacing. You have to rabbet the front and back of the
plate so that the surfaces are level. Mine is pink..lol

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Gordon

Where would my best
bet be to find some soild surface material to make the plate?

When I needed some small pieces of Corian to make zero clearance inserts for
my table saw I went to a custom kitchen and bathroom fabricator and asked if
they could spare any scraps. They knidly supplied me with a small stack of
them at no charge.

Lee

_________________________________
Lee Gordon
http://www.leegordonproductions.com

Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale

"257roberts" wrote in message
the saw. The saw table splits in half, making a hole that a router
mount of some sort could be added using the table saws existing fence
for the router also. The local Woodcrafters store has a predrilled
plate that will fit my router, but would need some other larger plate
to fit in the saw table. If you have ever seen anything like this
rigged up, please post back. Thanks so much.

My saw had cast iron wings with supporting ribs underneath them. Even with
all that iron, I was able to use a flexible grinding disk in a drill to
grind away the ribs in a specific area then I mounted my 3hp Makita router
directly to the wing. The grinding took several hours, but got finished
eventually. Worked out fine with the rail and stile router bits I used to
build some cabinets for my mother's kitchen.

Posted to rec.woodworking
C & E

"Upscale" wrote in message

"257roberts" wrote in message
the saw. The saw table splits in half, making a hole that a router
mount of some sort could be added using the table saws existing fence
for the router also. The local Woodcrafters store has a predrilled
plate that will fit my router, but would need some other larger plate
to fit in the saw table. If you have ever seen anything like this
rigged up, please post back. Thanks so much.

My saw had cast iron wings with supporting ribs underneath them. Even with
all that iron, I was able to use a flexible grinding disk in a drill to
grind away the ribs in a specific area then I mounted my 3hp Makita router
directly to the wing. The grinding took several hours, but got finished
eventually. Worked out fine with the rail and stile router bits I used to
build some cabinets for my mother's kitchen.

Use the Ridgid tool forums - lots of info
http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/index.php

coping sled plans? bdeditch Woodworking 5 January 31st 06 03:55 PM
RT 1000 Router Table is here! Dave Jackson Woodworking 3 January 27th 06 05:21 PM
router for a Porter-Cable router table? Dave Gower Home Repair 8 March 2nd 05 05:55 AM
router table setup Lewis Woodworking 6 November 25th 04 05:02 PM
Review of the new Porter Cable 895PK- Part 1 Greg G. Woodworking 37 January 8th 04 02:37 AM