Posted to rec.woodworking
Matt

Default Handwheels for Craftsman table saw

Would like to replace my plastic hand wheels on the 15yr old Craftsman
table saw. About a year ago Sears offered replacement wheels on their
website, but they are no longer available. Any suggestions? Are after
market hand wheels by other manufacturers compatible with my saw?

matt

Posted to rec.woodworking
No-One

Try he http://www.mcmaster.com/

Search for handwheel

JJS

Matt wrote:
Would like to replace my plastic hand wheels on the 15yr old Craftsman
table saw. About a year ago Sears offered replacement wheels on their
website, but they are no longer available. Any suggestions? Are after
market hand wheels by other manufacturers compatible with my saw?

matt

Posted to rec.woodworking
Tanus

Matt wrote:
Would like to replace my plastic hand wheels on the 15yr old Craftsman
table saw. About a year ago Sears offered replacement wheels on their
website, but they are no longer available. Any suggestions? Are after
market hand wheels by other manufacturers compatible with my saw?

matt

I had the same problem with my Craftsman saw. The plastic ones
disintegrated and I called Sears in Canada with the part number. They
had replacements in stock and were $17 each. I grabbed a pair

However the real story is that they were 10 times better. They were
cast (aluminium?), had handles that were mounted on a slippable bolt,
and had a set screw to tighten on the flat of the shaft.

The local Sears warehouse outlet has more of them and I'm pretty sure
they'd ship to the US if asked. I can give more details if you need
them.

Tanus

Posted to rec.woodworking
Anon Ymous

I had to replace the handwheels on my Delta contractors saw. The money I
saved on a generic handwheel was not worth the time spent adapting it.
If you can find the right part, buy it, otherwise you might try:
http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/N2DRVSH

Matt wrote:
Would like to replace my plastic hand wheels on the 15yr old Craftsman
table saw. About a year ago Sears offered replacement wheels on their
website, but they are no longer available. Any suggestions? Are after
market hand wheels by other manufacturers compatible with my saw?

matt

Posted to rec.woodworking
Phisherman

On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 08:27:01 -0500, Matt wrote:

Would like to replace my plastic hand wheels on the 15yr old Craftsman
table saw. About a year ago Sears offered replacement wheels on their
website, but they are no longer available. Any suggestions? Are after
market hand wheels by other manufacturers compatible with my saw?

matt

You can always construct one. Shopnotes had an article about making
all kinds of knobs for shop use. I'm sure you can make one from some
scrap lumber, maybe better than OEM. I use pallet wood for these kinds
of projects (walnut, oak, cherry, maple, hickory, etc.) It can't be
too difficult. I like to use a lacquer spray from a can--dries fast,
cheap and looks/wears good.
Posted to rec.woodworking
James \Cubby\ Culbertson

"Matt" wrote in message
Would like to replace my plastic hand wheels on the 15yr old Craftsman
table saw. About a year ago Sears offered replacement wheels on their
website, but they are no longer available. Any suggestions? Are after
market hand wheels by other manufacturers compatible with my saw?

matt

You might also try Grizzly. They have handwheels for sale as well.
Obviously you'll have to check the keyway size etc.... but they may work.
Cheers,
cc

Posted to rec.woodworking
Chris Dubea

On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 08:27:01 -0500, Matt wrote:

Would like to replace my plastic hand wheels on the 15yr old Craftsman
table saw. About a year ago Sears offered replacement wheels on their
website, but they are no longer available. Any suggestions? Are after
market hand wheels by other manufacturers compatible with my saw?

matt

Another alternative is Reidtool

http://www.reidtool.com
Chris
Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 11:25:57 -0500, Chris Dubea
wrote:

On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 08:27:01 -0500, Matt wrote:

Would like to replace my plastic hand wheels on the 15yr old Craftsman
table saw. About a year ago Sears offered replacement wheels on their
website, but they are no longer available. Any suggestions? Are after
market hand wheels by other manufacturers compatible with my saw?

matt

Another alternative is Reidtool

http://www.reidtool.com
================================================= ==========================
Chris

Grizzly.com has a bunch as well
Junior Member

matt wrote;
Would like to replace my plastic hand wheels on the 15yr old Craftsman
table saw. About a year ago Sears offered replacement wheels on their
website, but they are no longer available. Any suggestions? Are after
market hand wheels by other manufacturers compatible with my saw?

try 1-800-252-1698 or http://www3.sears.com/ the part number has changed to 977227-001.
the price is 10.49, a small price to pay verses modifying something yourself

Last edited by glikness : November 12th 06 at 11:10 PM

Posted to rec.woodworking

Matt Wrote:
Would like to replace my plastic hand wheels on the 15yr old Craftsman
table saw. About a year ago Sears offered replacement wheels on their
website, but they are no longer available. Any suggestions? Are after
market hand wheels by other manufacturers compatible with my saw?

Do a google for hand+wheels.

Lew
Posted to rec.woodworking

Matt Wrote:
Would like to replace my plastic hand wheels on the 15yr old Craftsman
table saw. About a year ago Sears offered replacement wheels on their
website, but they are no longer available. Any suggestions? Are after
market hand wheels by other manufacturers compatible with my saw?

I purchased a set about a year or so ago and the part number on the box was
9 22262 but I didn't locate anything using that number now.

I do still have the plastic set that I took off a brand new saw if anyone
needs them, I'm too tight to just throw them away.

RM~

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 5 Nov 2006 08:29:51 -0700, glikness wrote
(in article ):

A buddy had the same issue, older cCrafsman saw with the plastic wheels. He
found a set of chrome plated cast iron cranks on sale at McMaster-Carr for a
few bucks each. All he had to do was drill a hole and tap for the set screw.

-Bruce