Posted to rec.woodworking
Matt

Default Handwheels for Craftsman table saw

Thanks for the info. I will give them a call with the part number and
see what happens.

Tanus wrote:
Matt wrote:

Would like to replace my plastic hand wheels on the 15yr old Craftsman
table saw. About a year ago Sears offered replacement wheels on their
website, but they are no longer available. Any suggestions? Are after
market hand wheels by other manufacturers compatible with my saw?

matt

I had the same problem with my Craftsman saw. The plastic ones
disintegrated and I called Sears in Canada with the part number. They
had replacements in stock and were $17 each. I grabbed a pair

However the real story is that they were 10 times better. They were
cast (aluminium?), had handles that were mounted on a slippable bolt,
and had a set screw to tighten on the flat of the shaft.

The local Sears warehouse outlet has more of them and I'm pretty sure
they'd ship to the US if asked. I can give more details if you need
them.

Tanus