Posted to rec.woodworking
Vic

Default Pin Nailer - Cadex

Am thinking of getting the Cadex 23 Gauge 1 3/8" CP 23-35 pin nailer
from House of Tools in Canada. Would like to hear pros and cons about
this nailer from owners. Does it sink the pins below the surface in
hard woods? Thanks for any replies.

Vic
Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy

In article ,
Vic wrote:

Am thinking of getting the Cadex 23 Gauge 1 3/8" CP 23-35 pin nailer
from House of Tools in Canada. Would like to hear pros and cons about
this nailer from owners. Does it sink the pins below the surface in
hard woods? Thanks for any replies.

Vic

A recently did some research into this very same topic.

A cabinet door manufacturer I am familiar with, swears by them. He's
tried them all. The other one he really liked, for the ridiculously low
cost, was the Sonoma. He admits that it won't stand up to 3-shifts per
day, but it's quite good for the 49 dollars (CANADIAN) that he pays for
them. Dave Eisan at Federated Tools in London, Ontario, sells them for
that. Spare o-ring seal and driver pin included...in a case.
"More than adequate for casual use"

I want to buy the Cadex, but at 50 bucks... I wonder if I shouldn't try
that first. It's almost disposable at that price.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve

Robatoy wrote:

He's tried them all. The other one he really liked,
for the ridiculously low cost, was the Sonoma.

It's Samona, not Sonoma. They seem to only be available in
Canada, as far as I can tell from a Google search.1

--
-- Steve
Posted to rec.woodworking
JGS

The same question was asked on Tuesday. My reply then was, it is great.
It sinks the pins below the surface in oak and maple. It is the same unit
as the Grex, so if you do a search for Grex and see the comments they
will hold for the Cadex. It's cheaper than an Omer but about 5 times the
Sonoma that has been mentioned on a couple of forums. Cheers, JG