Posted to rec.woodworking
Bairdo

Default Outfeed Table for Excalibur Fence

I have a Delta 10" contractors saw with a 52" Excalibur fence. This unit is
on wheels due to garage, er, I mean shop size limitations.

I need to build an outfeed table that is easily removable for this unit.
Keeping in mind that the Excalibur has rails on both the front and the rear
of the table. Has anyone here designed or seen such a thing. Any ideas,
suggestions, recommendations, photos, plans, etc. would be greatly
appreciated.

Cheers,

Bairdo.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"Bairdo" wrote in message
I have a Delta 10" contractors saw with a 52" Excalibur fence. This unit
is
on wheels due to garage, er, I mean shop size limitations.

I need to build an outfeed table that is easily removable for this unit.
Keeping in mind that the Excalibur has rails on both the front and the
rear
of the table. Has anyone here designed or seen such a thing. Any ideas,
suggestions, recommendations, photos, plans, etc. would be greatly
appreciated.

Take a look at the HTC out feed roller setup made for contractors saws.
IIRC and if it is like the one on my cabinet saw the whole set up attaches
lower down on the saw cabinet and or base/legs. This setup never has to be
removed and folds up and down with no legs. It is a great setup.
Unfortunately HTC does not have web site but some retailers have brochures.
Or a phone call to HTC would probably get you the literature that you would
need to get the idea of what to do to build a similar setup.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Pat Barber

Here is mine... it's attached to the saw with 4 wing nuts.

It's huge and can be taken down in about 5 minutes.

http://home.att.net/~mboceanside/wsb...ID-639331.html

and folded down

http://home.att.net/~mboceanside/wsb...ID-638867.html

It's 98" from the front of the saw to the back of the outfeed table.

This outfeed was copied from a short article in Fine Woodworking.

Bairdo wrote:

I have a Delta 10" contractors saw with a 52" Excalibur fence. This unit is
on wheels due to garage, er, I mean shop size limitations.

I need to build an outfeed table that is easily removable for this unit.
Keeping in mind that the Excalibur has rails on both the front and the rear
of the table. Has anyone here designed or seen such a thing. Any ideas,
suggestions, recommendations, photos, plans, etc. would be greatly
appreciated.

Cheers,

Bairdo.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Pounds on Wood

"Bairdo" wrote in message
I have a Delta 10" contractors saw with a 52" Excalibur fence. This unit
is
on wheels due to garage, er, I mean shop size limitations.

I need to build an outfeed table that is easily removable for this unit.
Keeping in mind that the Excalibur has rails on both the front and the
rear
of the table. Has anyone here designed or seen such a thing. Any ideas,
suggestions, recommendations, photos, plans, etc. would be greatly
appreciated.

Cheers,

Bairdo.

Here is how I handle that -
http://www.billpounds.com/woodshop/outfeedtable.html

--
********
Bill Pounds

Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Mahanke

Just heard that HTC is out of business and its a 'while supplies last' sort
of thing with their retailers.

"Leon" wrote in message
. com...

"Bairdo" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Mahanke

Learned this from a guy who worked in a cabinet shop. Build the outfeed
table slightly lower than the saw table (about 3/8" so you don't have to
worry about a miter slot). That way the material drops slightly as it goes
thru and you can get your thumb under the edge to pick it up easily. It
also precludes all the leveling and alignment problems of a flush outfeed
table. You can just build a table on casters, use it behind the saw as an
outfeed table, and roll it away with the saw when you're done. And it also
doubles as a great assembly table. I made mine out of a Habitat for
Humanity exterior door faced with 1/2" MDF with a standard trestle base.
Works great behind my contractor. Mine is not on casters however since
SWMBO is long gone and no one is trying to park a car in my woodworking
shop.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale

"Max Mahanke" wrote in message
Just heard that HTC is out of business and its a 'while supplies last'

sort
of thing with their retailers.

You heard it where? Can you post a link to that information?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Bairdo

Thanks Guys.

I think I will buld one with a bit of each of the above ideas in it. I can
make it full of drawers to store tools in, have the back fold up for a real
long surface, have it on wheels, and make it 3/8" lower than the TS top.

Another project!!!! Woo-hoo. AND I will get to use my new Freud Biscuit
Joiner.

Thanks again,

Bairdo.

news