Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking
mike

Default Makita Belt Sander Problem

I have a Makita belt sander model 9924DB. It is for 3" x 24" belts. I
have noticed that the Tension Roller is not turning when the unit has a
sanding belt on. I then noticed that the roller is difficult to turn by
hand. So I took it apart and cleaned up the roller shaft, the 2 cup
washers, and the roller.
I have 2 questions:
1- What should I use to lubricate theroller assembly?
2 - What is the size of the retailing ring that goes on the roller
shaft? My parts list only says Part # 66, retaining ring s-12.
Unfortunately the retaining ring went flying across the garage and is
not to be found.

Thanks for all your help.

Grinding Wheels vs 1" Belt Sander charlie b Woodturning 23 October 1st 05 07:05 PM
belt sander speed? DDG Woodworking 3 September 17th 05 02:10 AM
which belt sander to buy Dica Woodworking 19 May 22nd 05 06:49 PM
Looking for a cheap price on drive belt (rubber) for belt sander jbclem Woodworking 9 May 20th 05 11:13 AM
DC layout - will I ever want a belt or disk sander? [email protected] Woodworking 25 February 7th 05 10:39 PM