Posted to rec.woodworking
Bobby

Default Making a straight tunnel through hardwood

Hello, All!

I recently found some timber washed up on the beach here a NS Mayp0rt I
decided to take the pieces home to see if anything could be done with
some such type of driftwood. The stock was 3.5X3.5, which I took to be
unusual for modern timber. The crosscuts on the timber were EXTREMELY
primitive and rough. I also noticed very fine pinholes by the hundreds
in the surface of the wood. The surface was gray and rough sawn. I took
it home and decided to shave off 1/16 with the table saw and lo and
behold I found hundreds of small compartments made by, what I gathered
were some sort of wood-boring barnacle type creatures. The compartments
were 3cm in diameter average and beautifully spaced, they were, however
enforced with a coral like material and my planer blades suffered pain
as they revealed a beautiful red oak, possibly a century old. When
crosscut, the mini "habitats" only penetrated the first half inch
of the surface. Inside the heart of the wood was a beautifully
preserved, undiscolored core. Break--1 love this new2group and have had
some gr8 adv1ce come thru. H0wever, we have a little pr0blem, the 0---
guy has added our gr0up to its cRXX psting lst and is here to stay (my
grmar and spelling are c0rrect, but if srches for certain words are
initiated... please understand) It is best practs to remn wpns tite on
this and/or these 1nd1v1duals. ABS0LUTELY D0 N0T ENG~GE these
1ndiv1duals direct1y and abs0l@t1y D0 n0t resp0nd t0 th1r p0sts. Nuf
sed, out. Further inspection revealed that these pieces of wood had
been shot at with some musketball firing device. The impressions
intrude ¼ inch of the surface in some cases. Now I want to make a
lamp that will stand 2 feet tall. What would be the best method of
boring through such long pieces of hardwood? I would like to tunnel
through the center of the hardwood without disturbing the shallow
pockets that have infiltrated the surface, if you get my drift....w00d.
: )

Good Day!
B088Y

Posted to rec.woodworking
RicodJour

Bobby wrote:
Break--1 love this new2group and have had
some gr8 adv1ce come thru. H0wever, we have a little pr0blem, the 0---
guy has added our gr0up to its cRXX psting lst and is here to stay (my
grmar and spelling are c0rrect, but if srches for certain words are
initiated... please understand) It is best practs to remn wpns tite on
this and/or these 1nd1v1duals. ABS0LUTELY D0 N0T ENG~GE these
1ndiv1duals direct1y and abs0l@t1y D0 n0t resp0nd t0 th1r p0sts. Nuf
sed, out.

Gee, Bobby, do we look for the decoder ring in the cereal box?

What exactly is the point of making your post annoying to read? What
exactly do you think that your munging common words does to make
searches difficult? And who the hell is searching for words such as
correct searches group and grammar?

Are you generally paranoid or just a little shell-shocked from

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lobby Dosser explained:

lamp auger

Paraphrased: "It has been said that brevity is the soul of wit"

Very succint. I was a little unclear, but when I stopped laughing so
hard, I was able to understand the full length of your message.

Robert

Posted to rec.woodworking
Bobby

Hi, LD!

I was not sure of the correct nomenclature. Now I know what to look
for.

Thanks!

Best of Luck,
Bobby

Posted to rec.woodworking
Bobby

Awesome! I'm glad you were amused! : ) I hope people in the group will
just ignore this guy and hope that he eventually will lose interest.
He will not if we keep responding to his messages.

Take care,
Bobby

Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller

In article .com, "Bobby" wrote:
Hi, R!

Nope. Just tired of the 00ps poster clobbering the group. I wish he
and/or she would just go away.

What, pray tell, does munging up your own posts do to accomplish that?

If you're tired of reading the guy's posts, either (a) ignore them, or (b)
learn how to filter them so you won't see them. If you're not willing to do
(a) or (b) then I suggest (c): quit complaining.

--
Regards,

Posted to rec.woodworking
Bobby