Posted to rec.woodworking
Jerome Ranch

Default Spray gun recommendations

I need to get a spray gun(s) for stain and finish (urethane) for
"recreational" use (non-commercial,. hobby projects)
Your recomendations on best model and supplier would be appreciated.
I've never had one. I thinking of this now because I inherited a nice
Hitachi compressor and some nailers, and the compressor could be used
to drive the sprayers.
I'm doing some remodelling and those egg crate grille vents are a
terror to hand stain and finish.

Thanks
Jerry
Posted to rec.woodworking
Art Ransom

The Husky gravity feed HVLP at HD is a great gun. It does as good as my
Binks 2000. There are 2 models and I can't tell the difference between the
2.

--
Art Ransom
Lancaster , Texas

www.turningaround.org

Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy

In article ,
"Art Ransom" wrote:

The Husky gravity feed HVLP at HD is a great gun. It does as good as my
Binks 2000. There are 2 models and I can't tell the difference between the
2.

I agree. Great gun for a good price.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Marlow

"Robatoy" wrote in message
In article ,
"Art Ransom" wrote:

The Husky gravity feed HVLP at HD is a great gun. It does as good as my
Binks 2000. There are 2 models and I can't tell the difference between

the
2.

I agree. Great gun for a good price.

Can you get different tips for the Husky?

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve DeMars

"There are 2 models and I can't tell the difference between the 2"

Are there two Husky Models that are simular ?

Steve

"Jerome Ranch" wrote in message
I need to get a spray gun(s) for stain and finish (urethane) for
"recreational" use (non-commercial,. hobby projects)
Your recomendations on best model and supplier would be appreciated.
I've never had one. I thinking of this now because I inherited a nice
Hitachi compressor and some nailers, and the compressor could be used
to drive the sprayers.
I'm doing some remodelling and those egg crate grille vents are a
terror to hand stain and finish.

Thanks
Jerry

Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy

In article ,
"Mike Marlow" wrote:

Can you get different tips for the Husky?

Good question. I will look for the booklet that came with the gun.

Looks like Binks equipment..but who knows?

I'll get back to you.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy

In article ,
"Mike Marlow" wrote:

"Robatoy" wrote in message
In article ,
"Art Ransom" wrote:

The Husky gravity feed HVLP at HD is a great gun. It does as good as my
Binks 2000. There are 2 models and I can't tell the difference between

the
2.

I agree. Great gun for a good price.

Can you get different tips for the Husky?

Their manual doesn't mention it, but on the parts list it is labelled as a #1
tip.
I will take my gun to my paint tech..see what he thinks.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Jerome Ranch

Yep Don
responded by email
Jerry

On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 06:32:14 GMT, "Don Dando"
wrote:

Jerry, did you receive my email reply

Don Dando

"Jerome Ranch" wrote in message
.. .
I need to get a spray gun(s) for stain and finish (urethane) for
"recreational" use (non-commercial,. hobby projects)
Your recomendations on best model and supplier would be appreciated.
I've never had one. I thinking of this now because I inherited a nice
Hitachi compressor and some nailers, and the compressor could be used
to drive the sprayers.
I'm doing some remodelling and those egg crate grille vents are a
terror to hand stain and finish.

Thanks
Jerry

Posted to rec.woodworking
Tim Mueller

Art Ransom wrote:

The Husky gravity feed HVLP at HD is a great gun. It does as good as my
Binks 2000. There are 2 models and I can't tell the difference between the
2.

HVLP guns will probably use lots and lots and lots of air (High Velocity
Low Pressure). Compressors typically used to drive nailers may do 3 or
4 SCFM; the HVLP gun could suck 11 SCFM or more.

If you're painting lots of small items (as in short bursts of product
application with lots of nice pauses for the compressor to recover) it
may work OK, but for any substantial area you can get real frustrated.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Ranger Paul

Hey Jerry,

Seems like everybody is hanging out at Lowes.

I have the Porter Cable PSH1, also a HVLP spray gun. It works so good it
makes me look good. Fit and finish of the tool could not be better.

http://www.porter-cable.com/index.asp?e=547&p=2641

Think I gave 80 bucks for it on Amazon.

RRRangerPaul