Posted to rec.woodworking
CC

Default ? Grizzly Palm finish sanders

Grizzly has a palm sander (H3120) on sale for 5$ off the regular 24$ price.

http://www.grizzly.com/catalog/2006/Main/198

Also on their main catalog page they have a larger triangular sander,
not on sale for the 24$ price, Anyone used either of these sanders G9907 or
H3120
Any experience with either one and thoughts on which one would be the
better?
I am leaning toward the H3120, but in reading about the G9907,
It looks like the larger one would give a better job.
Thanks
CC

Posted to rec.woodworking
Andy

Grizzly has a palm sander (H3120) on sale for 5$ off the regular 24$ price....

If you're looking for a cheap, general-purpose sander, I'd check out
the basic Ryobi RO sander - I've had good luck with that, and dust
collection is good when hooked up to a vac. I'd guess it would be able
to take off more material faster than a little detail sander. The best
deal would depend what you mostly want it for. I think it was about
$35 when I got mine a couple years ago. Sorry I can't offer specific
advice on the grizzly models you mentioned.
Good luck,
Andy

Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy

In article ,
"CC" wrote:

Grizzly has a palm sander (H3120) on sale for 5$ off the regular 24$ price.

http://www.grizzly.com/catalog/2006/Main/198

Also on their main catalog page they have a larger triangular sander,
not on sale for the 24$ price, Anyone used either of these sanders G9907 or
H3120
Any experience with either one and thoughts on which one would be the
better?
I am leaning toward the H3120, but in reading about the G9907,
It looks like the larger one would give a better job.
Thanks
CC

I recently bought a Bosch palm sander. I needed something square with decent
dust collect, hence the PC SpeedBloc was not a contender.
I really like this little guy:
http://www.boschtools.com/tools/tool...=54924&I=55093
I have no idea how long it will last me, but it appears to built really well.
The sheet attaching procedure is as nice as it gets.
I paid US$40.00 at Lowe's in Port Huron MI...worth every penny.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Norman D. Crow

"CC" wrote in message
Grizzly has a palm sander (H3120) on sale for 5$ off the regular 24$
price.

http://www.grizzly.com/catalog/2006/Main/198

Also on their main catalog page they have a larger triangular sander,
not on sale for the 24$ price, Anyone used either of these sanders G9907
or H3120
Any experience with either one and thoughts on which one would be the
better?
I am leaning toward the H3120, but in reading about the G9907,
It looks like the larger one would give a better job.
Thanks

If you're looking specifically for a "detail" sander, spend the $ for a
Fein(Fien?) detail sander, heard lots of good about them, but they are
pricey. I have one of the early Ryobi detail sanders that almost everybody
hates, although on the rare occasions I use it, it does what I want it to,
except for the high "buzz" factor.

I have both the G5970 & G9910. Both work reasonably well, except I've had to
switch to PSA for the G5970, as the paper would walk right out of the
clamps. The G9910, as I said, works reasonably well, except the V/S function
is sort of hit & miss, seems to not want to stay where set, or "surges". I'd
have to say I've been happier with my Crapsman R/O(made by Ryobi), except I
need to replace the pad & convert it to H & L.

--
Nahmie
The only road to success is always under construction.

Posted to rec.woodworking
CC

I have a Dewalt 5" ROS and like it a lot. and a Craftsman pad sander, which
is only so so. Seems the paper wants to slip on the pad and
mostly it is a hand vibrator, not much for finish sanding. But I was looking
to get a sander that will fit in small places and one of these types
seem to be close to what I want. I will take a look at the Fein
Thanks
cc

"CC" wrote in message
Grizzly has a palm sander (H3120) on sale for 5$ off the regular 24$
price.

http://www.grizzly.com/catalog/2006/Main/198

Also on their main catalog page they have a larger triangular sander,
not on sale for the 24$ price, Anyone used either of these sanders G9907
or H3120
Any experience with either one and thoughts on which one would be the
better?
I am leaning toward the H3120, but in reading about the G9907,
It looks like the larger one would give a better job.
Thanks
CC

Posted to rec.woodworking
Richard Clements

Robatoy wrote:

In article ,
"CC" wrote:

[...]

That's not a bad deal at all
if corn oil comes from corn, and olive oil comes from olives where dose baby
oil come from

Richard
Posted to rec.woodworking
Richard Clements

Andy wrote:

Grizzly has a palm sander (H3120) on sale for 5$ off the regular 24$
price....

If you're looking for a cheap, general-purpose sander, I'd check out
the basic Ryobi RO sander - I've had good luck with that, and dust
collection is good when hooked up to a vac. I'd guess it would be able
to take off more material faster than a little detail sander. The best
deal would depend what you mostly want it for. I think it was about
$35 when I got mine a couple years ago. Sorry I can't offer specific
advice on the grizzly models you mentioned.
Good luck,
Andy

I love my Ryobi ROS I got it 3-4 years ago, put several hundred hours on it
and it's still running like a champ, I got it refurbed for $20

Oak Dining Table colin UK diy 14 March 15th 05 02:45 PM
Veneer plaster finish textures Wayne Whitney Home Repair 0 February 1st 05 10:50 PM
Textured finish for sub-bass cabinet Neil Jowsey UK diy 5 July 20th 04 07:23 PM
satin finish on Stainless steel radiator... Jon Nicoll UK diy 1 April 4th 04 09:32 PM
Norm's mahagany finish Edwin Pawlowski Woodworking 71 February 26th 04 08:53 PM