Wayne Whitney

Default Veneer plaster finish textures

I'm curious about different finish textures for veneer plaster on
gypsum blueboard. I've done a little plastering using a single coat
of unsanded veneer plaster (Diamond brand) with a smooth hard trowel
finish, but I found it quite difficult to get it really smooth. Using
a pinch of cream of tartar as a retarder helped somewhat.

Does a floated finish require using a sanded plaster for the finish
coat and/or using a two coat process? I'd like something with just a
little more texture than the smooth hard trowl finish, what would be
an appropriate float?

Thanks, Wayne

video on plastering TXXT123 UK diy 9 September 2nd 04 11:21 PM
Tips Needed on Plastering Bodysnatcher UK diy 7 August 10th 04 01:36 PM
Plastering advice Wayne Whitney Home Repair 6 March 26th 04 04:28 AM
plastering Jon W UK diy 12 March 8th 04 11:13 PM
How can I fix cracks in plaster of old house? Phil Munro Home Repair 5 October 18th 03 10:48 AM