Posted to rec.woodworking
Ranger Paul

Default HTC mobile base company contact info

Anyone know if the company that makes HTC moble bases has a web address?
What it is?

If not a web address the company name, telephone, physical address.

I am trying to find out, from the horses mouth so to speak, if they make a
mobile base for a Grizzly G0586 8" jointer or not.

I am thinking about upgrading to the G0586 jointer and would like to use an
HTC base instead of the Shop Fox Grizzly promotes. I don't like the way the
Shop Fox mobile base looks and I've read some poor reviews on it. The HTC
brand gets high marks consistently.

Would appreciate any and all info that could lead me to contacting the HTC
manufacturer.

Thanks,

RRRangerPaul

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"Ranger Paul" wrote in message
Anyone know if the company that makes HTC moble bases has a web address?
What it is?

No, they do not.

Posted to rec.woodworking
www

No, they do not.

Makes you wonder in this day and age
Although, they probably dont get harassed half as much as those who do have
a website!

--
Regards,

Dean Bielanowski
Editor,
Online Tool Reviews
http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com
+ Over 100 detailed woodworking product reviews now online! +
Latest 6 Reviews:
- Double Edge Trimmer
- Kreg Bandsaw Fence
- Ryobi One+ Cordless Tool System
- Veritas Router Plane
- Demain Angle Grinder
- Kreg K3 Pocket Hole System

Posted to rec.woodworking

Default .woodworking

ur factory considers from the old factories in making
furniture in damietta city (Arab republic of Egypt)we developed our
factory with building a new factory with a new production line
in the industrial zone to compete ith the factories all over
the world.our factories have also the scope of import and
export all over the wourld...

we are egyptians want to deal with u in our field: woodmaking furniture
&all kind of furnitures :dinnig rooms ,bed rooms ,living rooms
,antique, chairs,setting rooms ......etc & We also want to buy new
woodmaking furniture production tec. line
Diected by : Mamdooh Ibrahim Gafer
tel :02 057 406422
fax : 02057 402310
mobile :02 0102529085
E_mail:

www.elahdelgadeed.com

Posted to rec.woodworking
Charles Self

"www" wrote in message
u...

No, they do not.

Makes you wonder in this day and age
Although, they probably dont get harassed half as much as those who do
have
a website!

It was explained to me that the people who own the company have some
personal--I think religious, but I don't know--beliefs that prevent use of
the Internet.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Anyone know if the company that makes HTC moble bases has a web address?
What it is?

If not a web address the company name, telephone, physical address.

I've been able to reach HTC Products at --- 1-800-624-2027

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"www" wrote in message
u...

Makes you wonder in this day and age
Although, they probably dont get harassed half as much as those who do
have
a website!

My thoughts exactly. Oddly Leigh Jigs only relatively recently opened a
decent web site.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"Charles Self" wrote in message

It was explained to me that the people who own the company have some
personal--I think religious, but I don't know--beliefs that prevent use of
the Internet.

Are they Amish perhaps? ;~)

Posted to rec.woodworking
Andy

It was explained to me that the people who own the company have some
personal--I think religious, but I don't know--beliefs that prevent use of
the Internet.

Are they Amish perhaps? ;~)

Dunno, let's speculate and start spreading rumors and see what happens.

I do have an HTC mobile base that was a good deal on Amazon, and I'm
very happy with it. If the phone number above doesn't work, let me
know and I'll go look for the literature that came with mine.
Andy

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"Andy" wrote in message
ups.com...
It was explained to me that the people who own the company have some
personal--I think religious, but I don't know--beliefs that prevent use
of
the Internet.

Are they Amish perhaps? ;~)

Dunno, let's speculate and start spreading rumors and see what happens.

;~)

I do have an HTC mobile base that was a good deal on Amazon, and I'm
very happy with it. If the phone number above doesn't work, let me
know and I'll go look for the literature that came with mine.

I also have their products and have no complaints. It would however be nice
to see what's new on line. Local retailers seldom know what HTC
manufactures with the exception of what they stock.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Ranger Paul

Andy,

In your reply you said: "if the phone number above deson't work, let me know
and I'll go look for the literature that came with mine."

I don't see a number in the message, do you have one for them?

Tanks fella,

RRRangerPaul

"Andy" wrote in message
ups.com...
It was explained to me that the people who own the company have some
personal--I think religious, but I don't know--beliefs that prevent use
of
the Internet.

Are they Amish perhaps? ;~)

Dunno, let's speculate and start spreading rumors and see what happens.

I do have an HTC mobile base that was a good deal on Amazon, and I'm
very happy with it. If the phone number above doesn't work, let me
know and I'll go look for the literature that came with mine.
Andy

Posted to rec.woodworking
bf

Ranger Paul wrote:

I am trying to find out, from the horses mouth so to speak, if they make a
mobile base for a Grizzly G0586 8" jointer or not.

I'd check the dimensions of the shopfox and see if the HTC would fit.
Then I'd check the weight of the grizzly jointer and see if it's above
the weight rating for the HTC base.

I have two HTC bases. They're ok. Definitely a good value. Ok if you
don't move the tool around that much, but I really prefer the Delta 3
wheel mobile bases, even though they are quite a bit more expensive.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Pat Barber

I don't believe HTC will sell "direct" to the public. I believe
they rely on a network of dealers for all sales. The number is
for "support" only I suspect.

Ranger Paul wrote:

Andy,

In your reply you said: "if the phone number above deson't work, let me know
and I'll go look for the literature that came with mine."

I don't see a number in the message, do you have one for them?

Posted to rec.woodworking
B a r r y

Pat Barber wrote:
I don't believe HTC will sell "direct" to the public. I believe
they rely on a network of dealers for all sales. The number is
for "support" only I suspect.

I would think the existence of a particular item in the product line (or
reasonable substitute) might be a valid request for a support line.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Ranger Paul

Hey bf,

Are the HTC bases you have the adjustable ones? If so I don't like the looks
of those any better than the Shop Fox adjustables....in fact I dont like the
looks of any of the adjustables I've seen.

The HTCs I am looking at though are the ones that have 3 wheels like the
Delta you are describing.

Check out this link:

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...reinfomoreinfo

Is that what the Delta you are talking about looks like? top view would look
like a rectangular shape with a peak. Like a line drawing of a house
structure?

Maybe I should do some reasearch and try to get some dimensions on the Delta
bases.

thanks for your input.

RRRangerPaul

"bf" wrote in message
oups.com...

Ranger Paul wrote:

I am trying to find out, from the horses mouth so to speak, if they make
mobile base for a Grizzly G0586 8" jointer or not.

I'd check the dimensions of the shopfox and see if the HTC would fit.
Then I'd check the weight of the grizzly jointer and see if it's above
the weight rating for the HTC base.

I have two HTC bases. They're ok. Definitely a good value. Ok if you
don't move the tool around that much, but I really prefer the Delta 3
wheel mobile bases, even though they are quite a bit more expensive.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Ranger Paul

Thanks for the number Joel, I'll give it a try tomorrow.

RRRangerPaul

wrote in message
oups.com...

Anyone know if the company that makes HTC moble bases has a web address?
What it is?

If not a web address the company name, telephone, physical address.

I've been able to reach HTC Products at --- 1-800-624-2027

Posted to rec.woodworking
Ranger Paul

On Amazon a guy doing a review states that he has a Grizzly G0586 and is
using a HTC model HPLB-8 base (apparently HTC designed this for a different
model Grizzly 8" jointer - model G-1018 and a couple of Powermatic
bandsaws).

So this guy says it works with this Grizzly G0586 jointer even though
Grizzly and Rockler say there isn't a compatible HTC mobile base for the
Gizzly G0586. I wish there was some way to email people who have written
reviews on Amazon, if there is, I can't find it.

Anyway I may go ahead and roll the dice and shuck out the cash for the
HPLB-8 mobile base and cross my fingers that it fits with jointer I'm going
to get.

For those interested; you can see the Amazon web pages w/reviews for the
Grizzly G0586 jointer and the HTC model HPLB-8 mobile base he

HTC base:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=228013

Grizzly G0586 jointer:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=228013

Thanks to everyone, especially Joel who gave me a number to call HTC @
1-800-624-2027. I haven't tried it yet but I will in the morning.

Later Gators........

RRRangerPaul

"Ranger Paul" wrote in message
Anyone know if the company that makes HTC moble bases has a web address?
What it is?

If not a web address the company name, telephone, physical address.

I am trying to find out, from the horses mouth so to speak, if they make a
mobile base for a Grizzly G0586 8" jointer or not.

I am thinking about upgrading to the G0586 jointer and would like to use
an HTC base instead of the Shop Fox Grizzly promotes. I don't like the way
the Shop Fox mobile base looks and I've read some poor reviews on it. The
HTC brand gets high marks consistently.

Would appreciate any and all info that could lead me to contacting the HTC
manufacturer.

Thanks,

RRRangerPaul

Posted to rec.woodworking
Andy

Sorry it took a while, but here's the contact info that came on the
literature with my HTC base. Same phone number as in the previous
post.
HTC Products, Inc.
PO Box 839
Royal Oak, MI 48068
800-624-2027
I guess I don't see why it's complicated to fit a base - do you have a
problem with adjustable-size mobile bases in general? I just
downloaded the "spec sheet" for the G0586 and it says the footprint is
16 3/4" x 23 1/2", so most heavy duty universal mobile bases (i.e.
HTC3000 from Woodcraft or Rockler) should fit fine. It also seems like
a 4-wheel design would be more stable to move, and that the one
designed for a bandsaw might not be as heavy-duty as one designed for a
jointer. Am I missing something?
Hope the contact info helps,
Andy

Posted to rec.woodworking
Ranger Paul

Hey Andy,

Thanks for the contact info, I called HTC, talked with a guy named Trevor,
seemed very knowlegable and he was very helpful.

I asked him why they don't have a web site.......he said they are working on
one now as a matter of fact. Couldn't give me a ETA on when they would go
online though.

Concerning mobile bases:

I guess I don't have a problem with adjustable bases until the weight gets
over a couple hundred pounds. I think the Grizzly G0586 is 418 to 480 lbs
depending on what spec you are reading. That much weight does make me want
to seek the comfort of a welded unit. I am actually going to buy some
adjustable ones later for my Jointech router station and my Delta 6" belt
sander, they are both 100 lbs or less so I'm not as concerned and will
cheerfully save the $$ by getting an adjustable one for these shop tools.

I got the same answer from Grizzly when I asked them about the conflicting
dimesions. Its the old nominal vs actual size discrepancy. The numbers you
shared for the Grizzly G0586 are the same ones I got from Grizzly for
"actual" size. 16 3/4" x 23 1/2"

Turns out the guy on Amazon that said he used a HTC model HPLB-8 was right.
The machine size for this HTC model is 17 x 24 1/2" (thanks to Trevor I know
this now ). Trevor with HTC said they are 1/4" to 1/2" over the specified
machine size so the HPLB-8 will work. It might be a bit long but I can shim
that up with some scrap lumber to ensure it doesn't slide. I think I'm going
to be ok.

I went ahead and ordered the Grizzly G0586 and the HTC HPLB-8 today.

I will repost with the same subject line after I'm done and let anyone
interested know how it turns out.. Probably be a couple weeks.

I appreciate your help Andy,

Paul

oups.com...