Posted to rec.woodworking
MikeMac

Default Bandsaw Riser Kit

Hi there...

I have a Ridgid 14", and was looking at buying the riser kit, but at $175
CDN, seems a little steep. I wonder if anyone else out there has ever tried
using a riser from a different saw, or knows if other, less expensive riser
kits might work.

Thanks in advance!
Mike

Posted to rec.woodworking
SBO

Are you sure it is 175$ CDN ? I am not sure but I think I saw a riser bloc
for at home depot for 60 or 70$.

S.B.

I have a Ridgid 14", and was looking at buying the riser kit, but at $175
CDN, seems a little steep. I wonder if anyone else out there has ever
tried using a riser from a different saw, or knows if other, less
expensive riser kits might work.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leuf

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 21:06:57 -0500, "MikeMac"
wrote:

Hi there...

I have a Ridgid 14", and was looking at buying the riser kit, but at $175
CDN, seems a little steep. I wonder if anyone else out there has ever tried
using a riser from a different saw, or knows if other, less expensive riser
kits might work.

I'll quote an older post rather than paste a google link

"Bottom line: the Grizzly extension (riser) kit for $50 is a perfect
bolt-on accessory for the Ridgid BS1400 band saw. No mods (filing,
bending, beating, etc.) required. The kit even comes with a 3/8 inch
105 inch blade to get you up and runnin' fast. For the style
conscious; however, the colors do NOT match (Grizzly green/red vs.
Home Depot orange/grey)! "

Just wondering something. The HD website says the motor draws 15
amps. The motor is supposed to be 3/4 hp which shouldn't draw
anywhere near that. Does it say anything different in the manual or
on the motor itself?

-Leuf
Posted to rec.woodworking
Edwin Pawlowski

"MikeMac" wrote in message
Hi there...

I have a Ridgid 14", and was looking at buying the riser kit, but at $175
CDN, seems a little steep. I wonder if anyone else out there has ever
tried using a riser from a different saw, or knows if other, less
expensive riser kits might work.

Thanks in advance!
Mike

That seemed high but from what I can find, it is in line with other outlets.
..

http://m-and-d.com/RID-AC5005.html $125 US

http://www.ridgidparts.com/accessories/AC5005.phtml No price listed, but
they do show the kit

http://search.cartserver.com/search/...005&go=Find+It
$130 US here

http://www.localaccess.com/1942/ridgid/ $142.00 here

Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis

wrote:

Hi there...

I have a Ridgid 14", and was looking at buying the riser kit, but at $175
CDN, seems a little steep. I wonder if anyone else out there has ever tried
using a riser from a different saw, or knows if other, less expensive riser
kits might work.

I'll quote an older post rather than paste a google link

"Bottom line: the Grizzly extension (riser) kit for $50 is a perfect
bolt-on accessory for the Ridgid BS1400 band saw. No mods (filing,
bending, beating, etc.) required. The kit even comes with a 3/8 inch
105 inch blade to get you up and runnin' fast. For the style
conscious; however, the colors do NOT match (Grizzly green/red vs.
Home Depot orange/grey)! "

Leuf... thanks for saving me a lot of words..*g*

I have the Ridgid BS1400 with the Griz kit and it works great..

Mac