Posted to rec.woodworking
Bruce Adams

Default Grizzly G0555 Riser To Delta Bandsaw?

I was given a Rigid riser kit which I installed on my older Jet bandsaw. I
had to remove the pins entirely, as I recall. Doing so allowed me to
fine-tune the frame alignment. I haven't put anything in to prevent
movement, but I haven't had any problems yet. The kit came with a grooved,
round bar guide post. I ordered an 18" length of plain steel hex bar to
replace it. Heated it up and put lots of wax into it and haven't had any
rust problems, though it does develop a slight patina. All in all, it's been
great... except for the 3 unused Timberwolf blades I had purchased _just
before_ getting the riser kit. (Whatcha gon' do?)

"WD" wrote in message

Wondering if anyone you know or you installed Grizzly 14" riser to Delta
bandsaw? If so, do you encounter problems aligning pins/holes on the
riser.
Further, did you modify to the blades guard and guidepost (hex verses
round
guidepost). Finally, estimate age of your Delta bandsaw?

Thank in advance

.