Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Dovetail template idea

I wrote a web application to set out and draw dovetail joint templates,
that you can print, fold over the end of the wood and cut through to
make the tails. Some of you may find it helpful. What do you think?
It lives here
http://www.blocklayer.com/Woodjoints/DovetailEng.aspx

Theres other wood, roof and stair calculators there to.

Posted to rec.woodworking
W Canaday

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 17:47:32 -0800, greg wrote:

I wrote a web application to set out and draw dovetail joint templates,
that you can print, fold over the end of the wood and cut through to make
the tails. Some of you may find it helpful. What do you think? It lives
here
http://www.blocklayer.com/Woodjoints/DovetailEng.aspx

Theres other wood, roof and stair calculators there to.

Most excellent! Great for us newbies to at least run a few calculations
past your gixmo and get a look at the sorts of joints the numbers point
to. Also nice is that your calculator refuses unsolveable data.

Bill
Posted to rec.woodworking
Dennis V

looks good, i'll try when my finger heals from ts accident

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 00:13:57 -0500, W Canaday
wrote:

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 17:47:32 -0800, greg wrote:

I wrote a web application to set out and draw dovetail joint templates,
that you can print, fold over the end of the wood and cut through to make
the tails. Some of you may find it helpful. What do you think? It lives
here
http://www.blocklayer.com/Woodjoints/DovetailEng.aspx

Theres other wood, roof and stair calculators there to.

Most excellent! Great for us newbies to at least run a few calculations
past your gixmo and get a look at the sorts of joints the numbers point
to. Also nice is that your calculator refuses unsolveable data.

Bill

Posted to rec.woodworking
bdeditch

Great Idea!!!!!!!!!!!! its the best thing I have seen yet.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Nobody_special

wrote:
I wrote a web application to set out and draw dovetail joint templates,
that you can print, fold over the end of the wood and cut through to
make the tails. Some of you may find it helpful. What do you think?
It lives here
http://www.blocklayer.com/Woodjoints/DovetailEng.aspx

Theres other wood, roof and stair calculators there to.

Excellent!

I've thought about coding something similar, but it
would produce a template for a Jointech (since I own
one, but not the template package).

Chandler, AZ