Gerry Wolfe

Default Need Info: Sears 315.25710 Dovetail Template

Greetings all...

I recently purchased the subject template at a garage sale, of course
without a manual and perhaps missing some parts.

I've contacted Sears about a manual and of course it is long
out-of-print. If anyone could provide me with a softcopy, I would be
eternally grateful.

A couple of related questions:
1. The "Woodworking With The Router" book describes setup of this
generic template for making half-blind dovetails. Can the jig also
support thru dovetails, and/or finger joints?
2. Any generic comments or tips on using this template?

advTHANKSance,
Gerry Wolfe

BTW: Pls post responses to the NG. I'm moving next week and will be
changing e-mail addresses.

)
George

Gave mine away with the jig.

No on the through dovetails. Why bother, with easier jigs available, for
box joints. Beware, it uses a non-standard bushing for the comb. Other
than that, it works just like any other similar jig, so use their directions
if all else fails.