Posted to rec.woodworking
mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net

Default Anyone like (or dislike) the Penn State DC2000B? Still deciding onwhich to buy.

Okay, several people thought that "more power" is the way to go and so
I'm now looking at the Penn State DC2000 dust collector.

It's 2HP, 1500CFM, and comes with a 1-micron bag. It lists at $345 and
is marked down right now to $260.

Looks like a pretty powerful DC for the money. The question, as always,
is ... does it suck?

Jack

Posted to rec.woodworking
Joseph Connors

Check the amps .... true 2 hp should be around 10-12 amps @220V. HP
ratings can be very inflated.

--
Joseph Connors
The New Golden Rule:

Posted to rec.woodworking
Toller

"Joseph Connors" wrote in message
Check the amps .... true 2 hp should be around 10-12 amps @220V. HP
ratings can be very inflated.

The DC I bought from PS claimed 16a and was really 10a. The price is very
good, but I think I know the reason...

(I don't pass on an opportunity to badmouth them; they are just not honest
people. Note that they claim the DC2000B is 65db. Yeah, if you put it in
the closet maybe.)

Posted to rec.woodworking

"I don't pass on an opportunity to badmouth them"

Yeah, we noticed.

I've been using the the DC2000CF (canister filter) for about two years,
and I'm happy with the performance. The limiting factors for DC
performance are impeller size, duct size, and filter type and area. As
long as the motor is powerful enough to turn the impeller at rated
speed, it doesn't matter whether it's 2 HP or 20 HP. The DC2000 has a
12" impeller, and it will perform the same as other machines of
comparable design.

If I were shopping today, I'd take a good look at the Delta 70-560. The
impeller is a bit smaller (11.5"), but it has a larger outlet, which
should equalize things. Comes with a good filter bag, and the price is
under $300 with free shipping from several vendors.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Billy

Okay, several people thought that "more power" is the way to go and so
I'm now looking at the Penn State DC2000 dust collector.

It's 2HP, 1500CFM, and comes with a 1-micron bag. It lists at $345 and
is marked down right now to $260.

I've had a DC2V2 for 3 years or so and have been very pleased. I run
one side of the "y" to my joiner and the other side to 25 feet of
flexible hose that I hook up to whatever other machine I'm using. When
I bought mine the salesman apologized for only having the model wired
for 220 volt in stock, worked out fine for me as I wanted 220 anyway. I
would think the DC2000 would work fine for your stated use.

Cyclone decision [email protected] Woodworking 11 February 2nd 05 12:17 AM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Clamp Sale - Penn State Industries & Home Depot Nick Bozovich Woodworking 4 February 8th 04 06:01 AM
Penn State DC1B-XL: 1 or 5 Micron Bag? David Patnaude Woodworking 4 November 6th 03 06:05 PM
Very happy with Penn State Customer Service Preston Andreas Woodworking 0 September 16th 03 01:50 AM